Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A-22 Speedometer Cable Assembly

I am at the point where I would like to get the speedometer working on my 1923 A22. However, a previous owner removed the entire cable assemble from the gauge out. Is there any other cable assembly available that will work on the A-22? Is there a good way to make one from scratch? Advice appreciated. Thank you.
-Todd

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22

Re: A-22 Speedometer Cable Assembly

Hi Todd,

I have one if I can find it... Will check Thursday AM and let you know. We have moved and we are still digging through boxes. This cable is complete from end to end.

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint E55 Sedan

Yates-
Wonderful. I am in no hurry, and just the thought of moving my clan again gives me a shiver. No fun at all.

Does the cable run in some sort of tube? I presume that may be something I need to 'manufacture'. Thanks for your assistance!
-Todd

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kansas

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Todd,

To look at one of these original cables, actually they are a chain, go to our links page, then Larrys parts, then A-22 parts...I don't have one on my car but think I will try and monernize when I do.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, several

Thanks Bill. Are the chains problematic to the point where modernizing is a good idea? Do you know anything about the sheath/tube?
-Todd

Hi Todd,
Found the speedometer cable and the unit is complete with housing. Will try to post pictures tomorrow.

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint E55 Sedan

Great. You can email them to me if that's easier. My email is toddefrye@gmail.com . Thanks!
-Todd

The Durant Motors Automobile Club