Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roofing trim

I am trying to find some material to fasten my roofing into the opening for it I had a two piece type thing and when I removed it it broke up pretty badly. The lower piece is okay but the thin upper part is in bad shape. Where can I find this kind of thing?? Or what do most people use for this?
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-Model 614-Deuxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Roofing trim

Can you send me a photo Ken of what you are describing?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Rumble Seat Roadster & 1927 Star Six Coupe

I know that problem Ken. On my 32 coupe I used a rubber insert instead of the metal which was lost along the way. It did not work perfectly but so far I live with it. My current preference would be the Lebarron Bonney roof material edging which takes nails along the centre and then bends closed over the nail part of the strip. Along with some clear sealant it should work.

Where Are You From? Whitby,ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Mac's has hidem welt in their Model A Ford catalog. It's probably in the Model T
also. 45 cents a foot.
Good Luck!
Ron

Where Are You From? Illinoios, USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '27 Star Depot, '24 Star project

Jack .. Ron's 407 had rubber inserts in his rain gutters instead of the metal inserts, probably same reason as Ken.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Bill
I will take pics this afternoon and see if I can send them to you
Thanks-Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club