Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bead Roller

I'm thinking of making a couple new door skins and possibly a rear tub for my touring. I'll need a bead roller to do this correctly, anyone out there with a used bead roller for sale. I'm assuming I'M not the only one crazy enough to try this so any suggestions or help I'd appreciate. I'm a project guy and have had and worked on many old cars. However, this is the first wood wheeled one I've had a chance to really restore from the frame up. Dave

Where Are You From? Custer, South Dakota

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Touring

Re: Bead Roller

woodward tools should have one..try internet...also eastwood supply

Where Are You From? SOUTHEAST PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 DURANT 60 SEDAN ; 1924 STAR TOURING

Re: Bead Roller

David:
I tried to use a bead roller to make new cowl side panels for Cathy's Star (see pics in Following a Star), but the beads were not the same as the ones on the car. I messed-up a lota new metal trying!

I then carfully bent the bead in the full length of the panel with a metal break and split, dollied and welded the ends to the correct shape. This worked out very well!!

Jim G

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flints

The Durant Motors Automobile Club