Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free Engine

There's a free W8A 4 cylinder engine out here. Does anyone need one? (British Columbia)

I'm trying to help someone save it from being scrapped. I have been told all it's missing is the distributor.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M2

Re: Free Engine

Gerald:
Could you get me more information on this engine. We have a club member in Auburn, Wa that might be able to use it. He has a few Durant 407's.
Thanks, Gary garyyelle@msn.com.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the messages, I'm sorry I am a bit slow to reply here. My wife was just in an accident, so dealing with that at the moment.

I do have the engine now, saved it from being scrapped. They had a rear end there as well, but I simply didn't have the space to save it. He's going to get rid of that tomorrow, so if someone else wants to move on that, it would have to be quick.

I may have talked to the person in Washington already, at least someone emailed me, but the figured that it isn't the engine they need. It's the W8A. For 1930's and above. It's completely different than the W5A in every way imaginable, though you probably know that already :).

Getting into the van and into the garage was a little bit of fun, but it was for the most part, uneventful. If I can find someone who has the car that matches this engine, and needs the engine, but isn't thinking of parting it out, then I am more than happy to give it to that person. (still needs a distributor.)

Onward :) I will post some pictures soon.
Gerald

Where Are You From? Langley BC

Some pictures:
http://s1171.photobucket.com/user/RainmakerG/library/W8A%20Engine

RainmakerG's W8A Engine album on Photobucket

Gerald:

I just E-mailed you about the W-8. The man in our Durant Club that has a few 407's does need a engine.

Thanks, Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi Gary,

That sounds alright. He can email or phone if he likes. I will email you details. I'm hoping to work a little off the karma system. Maybe someone out there would grant my car a radiator so it can get onto the road for the first time in... not sure how many years it's been, but a while. 28 durant m2 coupe. I have a spare waterpump as well (that would fit a 28 durant, but probably others as well even though not quite stock.)

Maybe Karma + Waterpump = radiator that can hold water?

:D?

Gerald

Hi Gerald. I am the person in Auburn that Gary mentioned in the earlier emails. Yes, I would be interested in the engine. In the past I have "rescued" Durant parts and later passed them along to others who needed them.

Where Are You From? Auburn, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1930 407 sedan

Just an update,

The engine is spoken for now pending pickup sometime this September.

Thanks all!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club