Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flint Parts Wanted

I am looking for the following parts for a Continential 6E engine.

Starter
Generator
Fan assembly
Vacuum Tank (Just the tank part)

Car uses either Auto-Lite or De Jon electricaal system.

Also need drum headlight complete and one additional lense. Could use tail lite.

Need the above for a 1923 or 1924 Flint. Later models will probably work.

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint

Re: Flint Parts Wanted

Hi Yates,
I have a Flint 6W engine with a fan hub and a generator on it. Do you know if these parts will fit your 6E engine?
I also have several vacuum pump cans but need a pic of yours and the dimensions.

Don Shilling

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe, 1929 Durant D60 Express Wagon

Hi Yates,

I see from pictures that you posted that you may also need a Flint radiator cap, I have an extra original Flint cap that is in fair condition that I will send to you when I get back to WA. I believe the H-40 and the E-55 cap would be the same.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring / model 40 Coupe / 25 Flint

Hi Bill,
Thanks for offering the radiator cap. Let me know what I owe you or should I measure to see if it will fit.

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint

Yates,

Go to our photograph page and click on and enlarge the 1925 Flint H-40 Bob Krause (first picture), that is the cap that I'll send you as I snagged another identicle cap on ebay....This is not the winged motormeter cap but the standard cap that mimics the light bezels...I see pictures of both winged motormeter and standard caps on the Hs and the E-55...Anyone know what came standard and what was optional (or aftermarket)for Flints?

Bill... Flint radiator caps by the book:

Flint E55:
Radiator filler cap pt#3144
Radiator winged cap pt#200028

Flint E80:
radiator filler cap pt#204021
Radiator winged cap pt#200028

Flint 40 models H&B:
Radiator cap pt#200028

Flint 60 models:
screw on cap pt#204021
easy on cap pt#204059
Radi-meter complete (easy on cap) pt#203593

Flint model Z18:
Radiator cap, deluxe pt#301221
Radiator cap, plain pt#301791

This is how the caps are listed in the parts book. What the caps look like per number... Who knows? Below are some pics of three different caps. The winged cap came from Norway. As near as I can tell, all the threads measure approx 2 1/16 diameter and are fine. I have no idea if all of the models have the same size threads or not??

Hope this helps, Jim G.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? '27 Flint E80 ..... '24 Flint Touring

Jim,
Thanks for digging out the parts numbers and for the pictures....I found that the "locking Motometer" is on the list of standard equipment for the E-55 and since the part #200028 for the winged motormeter is the same on both the E-55 and the H&B-40 models, then I would think my H-40 would have came from factory with a winged motormeter cap, so I would suspect the caps that I have are the plain radiator filler cap replacement, they do however seem to go with the car.

Photobucket

The Durant Motors Automobile Club