Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1926 durrant star parts car for sale update

hi community,
I wanted to announce the sale of my 1926 parts car to the members in case any one was looking for a good star to build or to have all the parts they need!

heres a link to the auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261127353108?item=261127353108&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

thanks
charles

Where Are You From? Montreal QC Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes the one im selling

Re: 1926 durrant star parts car for sale update

The link doesn't work for me.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

hello,

i had to remake the post, i made a mistake in it's category, here is a new link to a new add

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261127406874

this one i can assure you will work,

thanks again.

please look in my feedback in regards to shipping the car abroad, or a far distance. thanks

me. too

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3....2 1929 durant model 60's and a 1925 star F roadster

hi gary k,

in what sence did you mean "me to" as for the link?

please look at the updated link, if this is not what you meant could you elaborate on what you meant.

here is the new link again

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261127406874&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

it is a auction format.

thanks
charles

Hi Gary,

I am restoring a 1927 Star R car and looking for a Warner steering gear box (complete assembly). Do you have one or know where I might look for one?

Dan Back
530-755-1848

Where Are You From? Yuba City, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star R car

I have a touring probably early...like 23-24....I will be removing the box and column in a while to replace it ....will that work?......let me know

I am in pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? star touring

Might Gary ... he will have to do his homework. After market indicates C, F, M and R have a number of parts fit the 4 models but leaves you guessing about M and R.

Complete set of steering gear wearing parts (worm, thrust bearings, worm wheel and shafts, housing to frame bracket bushings

Goes like this
For Models C,F,M,R ..........(a) $3.75
For Models M,R,X ............(b) $6.75
and so on for Durant's / Frontenac's (like 65 has two different)

Pitman arm
C,F,M,R ...............(a) $1.35
M,X,X2 ................(b) $1.60
R,60,65 ................(b)(c) $1.60 (again 65 as another)

Steering wheel
C,F,M,R .................(a) $3.25
M,X .....................(b) $4.60
R .......................(b) $5.95
(65 two different ones)

Drag links
A
C,CC,F (a)I beam with yokes
C,CC,F (b)I beam without yokes
M to serial 405001
M after serial 405000
R to serial 22001
M2,R,after serial 22000,S2,S4,40,55,60,65,66

Those (a),(b),(c) upper part refer to same serials
M to and after 40500
R to and after 22000
65 to and after 1290
We have same idea with Frontenac's E and 670 and 618
Now I thought this might only apply to Canadian cars but checking Star vins on tech page all plants had same vin range. Above is out of 1935 Can after market. US same 1935 counter part sadly lacks everywhere on info, (ours is very detailed) and is probably why the order form says .. Important, always give car serial and engine numbers. Car model .... Serial ... Engine No ... Year ... Once the plant got the order form, they would know which of the two was right for the car. US one no headlights / ours page and half. Cowl lights US a sentence, ours by model and so on.

Hope this of some help

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Charles, I am restauring my star six sedan at this moment and need 6 .003 pistons, crank bearings.10 oversize, valves, filler block,connecting rods to be rebabbeted, gasket kit and so on.Please let me know if you can help me I am in Magog.

Where Are You From? MONTREAL QUEBEC CANADAS

Do You own a car built by Durant? DURANT STAR SEDAN SIX 1927

Gerry ... I heard tell there was some lad south of Montreal who was a big Star collector and well known down there. Unfortunately the man from Gatineau who told me, passed away a couple of years ago who sold him a 27 Star sedan in the past. The deceased still had the 4 step plates off that car. Wish I could tell you the lad's name down you way, with the Star's.

I've mentioned Randy's place before below Picton Ont and he might have the parts you are looking for. http://minakersautoparts.ca/home/ Randy has NOS head gaskets of all sizes hanging in one building. Floors over and under his main shop have rings, pistons, rods, light bulbs, mufflers, etc etc.

I have this minakersautoparts@hotmail.com
and this randy@minakersautoparts.ca

Send him an email he might just have some of what you are looking for.

Hi Norm, you seem to know alot about Durant cars.I am not to good on internet but with practice I will improuve.I was wondering if you would be able to tell me if I could have a plan of the filler block so I could have 2 reproduced for I am trying to rebuid my own engine and also a freind Louis Quenvilles 26 star six sedan also. If you know of someone who does rebabbeting on connecting rods and the crankshaft bearings other than in the states I would appreciate the info for bills ad up fast for a full restauration. Thank you for takeing time to help me.

Where Are You From? MONTREAL QUEBEC CANADA

Do You own a car built by Durant? DURANT STAR SEDAN SIX 1927

Hi Gerry .. Can't help you on much of it .. but might have an idea I can email you on. Butters lads in Cobourg Ont do repo castings for Graham Paige, Durant / Star which might be a help. There are places in Ottawa I am told who do what you are asking. I would think Mtl might also.

Yes restoring a car will be very expensive and quickly add up. That's why you have to put it in hobby class as something you enjoy with no expectation of recovering costs paid out. I know of a 29 Olds sedan that was restored for someone in Renfrew for about $52,000, as an example. There is no way you would recoup even half of it. It like our cars is an orphan car, which do not command big prices fully restored.

Gerry. J'ai acheté le sedan de Charles l'été dernier.

J'ai le moteur. un 6 cylindres, dont je n'ai pas besoin

Si tu le veux je te le vend pour 1 dollar.

Je n'est pas verifié la condition encore,

Henri Houle 354 Empire Greenfield Park

450 671 5432

Where Are You From? Montreal Qc. Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? STAR 1926 coupe

Dan, I bought the car from Charles k .so I got the steering

Can you send me a pic of yours?

Where Are You From? Montreal Qc. Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? STAR 1926 coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club