Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chev engine for sale

I have a 64 chev engine for sale -Its a 283 out of a 64 chev impala that I once owned.- It has been rebuilt but I have found out that the shop did not bore it out quite enough to remove all the rust marking in the cylinders It has all new pistons -valves -lifters-cam shaft and bearings-con rod bearings-main bearings- Everything to make it a good engine. Heads are all redone ,
I have everything except a car to put it in Bell housing is available as well as an auto tranny power steering unit -generator- starter.
This would make a good engine for someone to put into a car . There is no gaskets with it
I want to get rid of it so any reasonable offer will be accepted.
It is complete from oil pan to heads -Including the intake manifold and valve covers.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-Model 614 Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Chev engine for sale

Hope I didnt scare everyone off saying there was rust --actually it is just rust stains on the cylinders--the machinist didnt go quite deep enough to remove the marks
Ken

Hi Ken,
I'm interested in your Chevy engine for one of my projects. Your 283 eng just might work, I know that we are many miles apart in Distance. When and How can we get together on this?

Also I'm still looking for a pair of 30 Durant Rims for my 610's wood wheels (or just One?). I can send measurements, with Size and Number of mounting clamp holes. I got one but it did not fit.

Thanks, Lance C.

Tel: Nights/Wknds: 850-678-2687, Cell: 850-240-4912, Work Days: 850-882-3862

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Lance .. thought you were using Levi's wire wheels / drums on that 610. 1935 after parts says the 610, 612, 619 can be 10 or 12 spoke wood wheels but 4 inch rim fits 407, 610, 612, 611, 614 and 619.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Lance
I dont know where or when I could meet you. Maybe next fall in San Diego?? thats as close an estimate as I can come up with right now I still have 4 rims that you were interested in two years ago. The motor should be a good one. All new parts throughout the whole thing. Why dont you plan a long trip and come see me? I might have a bunch of other stuff you could use as well.
Ken

Ken,
Thanks for your fair offer, but don't know if I will make it to San Diego. That is a long haul for me (about 2000 miles one way!) I will still get those rim measurements to you and am still interested them and in the engine. Thanks again Ken maybe we can work something out..

Norm; I got both axle's (5 Lug) from Levi but did not get his wire wheels. I'm still trying to get a set of wood wheels put together, to keep it original and solve this 610 puzzle? As you have said before the last Durant's were quite a lash-up of parts. My 30 had earlier wood wheels, but with Twin sidemounts. Also had a verticle louver hood but a definite 30 dash, 4 Cyl but 6 Cyl trim (fender top Running lights, Trunk Rack), etc. I'm trying to keep it as original condition as possible when I finally finish it....Good Luck on that, ha,ha.! Of course; poor condition, no interior, and NO History (seller died few months later in a car wreck*)hasn't helped. Maybe just make it a 614 and move on?

Lance C.
* Seller was towing a car on his trailer mid-day in Charlotte N.C., when cut off by a young driver in the city. He flipped the whole rig and died shortly after in hospital, leaving no records. Very sad; he was a nice guy and this should not have happened, due to other driver's total lack of attention. Daughter contacted me after I had called him several times(no answer) and she had no record of a 30 Chevy sedan I bought from him to pick up. She had by then crushed most of his old cars at his home and Salvage yards. All very sad
LC.

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Hey Lance ... Set of wires on Ebay for only $2000 in NJ where I got all 4 shocks, links, and link plates. They are only missng the side rings to hold the tires on, ha ha.

That poor old 610 is like Johnny Cash's song of building a car one piece at a time and every part different, grin. Just how are you going to keep it original, when there seems to be no such thing as a car being the same as another. If I read it correctly the the 610 was a 407 but with Pullman feature. Both continued to April 1931 and dropped, which is why there is no Dominion Motors 407.

What we are trying to get a handle on is the 633, if that's possible. Was it 33 as claimed or late 32 ? Were they promo or production with only a handful made ? With Coup L1001, four door sedan L1006 , and possibility of a two door sedan, the promo idea seems more apt. Was it a Dominion but with Durant crest on the shell ? We had the right to use the Durant name under Dominion Motors. It has the wheel base of a Frontenac and most chassis parts are Frontenac, inc handles, rad and gas cap. Body, fenders, hood ??? Hood resembles the 32 Chevy with its doors not louvers. It sure is a puzzle.

Those rims Ken has if off a 614 sedan should fit your wheels. Be same rims as on Kens moose powered coup. I say same as remember the 30 617 odd ball has body / fenders / rad of 30 but chassis of 28 / 29 and wheels to match. Such a screw ball co.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Norm, I am not sure if this will work. If it does, you can email back. My email that I tried to send you on an ebay note, and couldn't , is: speedsternut@me.com. I'm listing a lot of old car stuff on webstore: Google: webstore rnailtx.

I'll keep searching for your email. Later, thanks, regards, Ralph.

Where Are You From? Riverton, IL

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Ya got me Ralph .. takes a while now on forum to figure out what mail you get notified of in your incoming mail and has been messed up since summer. Hopefilly bravenet will finally fix it.

For the gang, Ralph has the W4 head on ebay presently 281033383613. I sent him a mail via the item with info on the head. Here's part of his reply ...thanks for the info. I'll modify the ad tonight. All I had to go by was the attached tag. The head was in my oldest, now deceased, brother's mainly-Studebaker parts inventory. donsoldcarstuff.

Perhaps there might be more Durant / Star parts.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club