Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trunk luggage insert

I have a 1931 star trunk that's either strapped to or goes into the trunk. It was willed to us by grandpa. It pretty much looks almost new,I'm surprised that's it looks so good. We use it to store quilts at the foot of our bed. Since I do not have a way to verify if grandpas information is correct,do you have a web site that shows pictures of the trunk? Im sure we might sell it but I do not know what its worth. Im not sure how to send you a picture but I suppose I could put it on craigslist here in Tucson so maybe you could check it out? Thanks for any return response. Im sure it would look better in a restored Star then our bedroom. Have a great day.

Where Are You From? Tucson AZ

Re: Trunk luggage insert

You might post a pic of the trunk to give the folks an idea what you have. There are many different shapes to trunks and fastenings. Not really sure if Durant even had trunks on cars from the factories or you bought one later, to mount on the luggage rack, from some auto parts store.

Star ended 1928 but Durant car continued to 1933. There probably is a pic of a trunk in the photo's section of this site. One for sure is the 1932 Durant 6-18-Remigi Odermatt.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club