Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WTB Rear Spare tire mount?, or picture

Looking for a rear spare tire mount for my 28 speedster project.. any pictures would help also.. thanks for looking . Dave

Where Are You From? Rocklin, ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, 28 ******* speedster

Re: WTB Rear Spare tire mount?, or picture

Dave, There is an excellant picture under the 1928 Durant pictures under Photographs. It is a Model 65 owned by Mike Linthicum of FL.

Where Are You From? Kokomo,IN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star speedster

Ok, Dennis... Big thanks for the effort.. thats what I've been looking for, should I ever find one, I'll know its what I need.. LOL (sorry, makes sense in my mind at least) now.. where would I start, and is that one sitting on the top shelf, behind that box, up on the top shelf in your garage..
cheers

Dave- I've got an extra rear spare tire mount for a 1930 model 6-14. It is different than what you want, but it does attach to the rear frame crossmember with six bolts. It fits a 19 inch wheel rim. I can get a picture if you are interested. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Ross,
thanks.
if you could..Dave

The Durant Motors Automobile Club