Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old License Plates

I got my engine block back from the machinist and starting to put it all back together.
I reckon I need to start looking for a nice set of 1929 Texas passenger license plates. They will be marked Front and Rear. This is so the rural Sheriffs Deputes will know which end of the car they are looking at,,,,,,, Gotta give 'em all the help we can down here.

If anybody knows of a pair available I would really appreciate a holler.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? And Now, A 1929 Durant D60

Re: Old License Plates

Your kidding Don, marked front and rear ?? Guess that didn't work, and why Que and US carry plates on the back only. Just one plate too many to try to figure out the back and front of vehicles. Or that Farm might throw them being on both plates and starting with an F, also.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Throw em a curve Don, hang an Arkansas plate in the front and a Texas plate in the rear, when you get pulled over and the different authorities start arguing over jurisdiction you make your get-away up into Oklahoma....

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth , WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 / D 40 / 25 Flint

Now, why didn't I think of that? I could put a Texas plate on the front and an Arkansas plate on the back, and when I park on the state line in front of the downtown courthouse, I'll have the Radiator in Texas and the Ass in Arkansas,,,,,,,,,
(For you canucks, the Texarkana courthouse straddles the Texas/Arkansas state line)

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

That's almost as bad as Ashton Ont. When they created the Mega Ottawa, some bright bulb decided the imaginary line would 3/4, 1/4 the small village so you can't smoke in a public area on the Ottawa side but can on the other, plus other Ottawa rules and regs. Was no real reason this line couldn't have been put a few hundred yards one way or the other. The 1/4 smoking side has a house, church and restaurant / bar. 3/4 side a store, two churches, and a handful of homes the Ottawa side. There's nothing but country around it so they could have moved the line to capture it all or put it all outside Mega Ottawa. Only village they did that to, taking over miles of countryside and towns.

Sounds like your court house thing where you can straddle the line and deal with Ottawa cops and / or OPP (Ont Provincial Police), depending what half the vehicle is where.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club