Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

Restoration Recommendations
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Radiator repair/replace

1500.00 still seams high for a recore for a small basic radiator.

Get several quotes in YOUR area! Honeycomb recores are for super die hard purist with the money and more important on the very early cars

Be sure to first ask about basic and old style fin and tube recore stock of flat tube or round where tubes run through the fin stock before jumping in to modern siz-zag corrugated style core material that is in between the tube sides.

I sold an early Hupmobible just because it needed a honeycomb recore and it just would be right with out it. It wasn't in my budget at the time.
I figure it needed a better owner then I to do the car justice.

D.M.S.

Where Are You From? Ct

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Star Touring

Re: Radiator repair/replace

I was not a fan of altering an original radiator that came with the car so I bought one off e-bay and had it tested as well with the same problem so had it recored and kept the original in its state till I can get it repaired properly with the correct core. I have altered other things on the car but not anything that cant be easy to undo like the electric fuel pump and the air filter and aftermarket carb. I do believe in maintaining the original nature of the car as much as possible. as for price I was in a bit of an hurry to get the car going since it sat in storage for 25 years and I really wanted it alive again and able to drive. my impatience costs me sometimes.

Where Are You From? spokane wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star model m touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club