Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

Restoration Recommendations
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Radiator questions

hello I havea couple of questions regarding the radiator shell.
1. Were the rad shells crome plated or nickle plated?
2. Were any of the rad shells painted?
3. Is there anyone that knows where I could find a badge for the front of the rad shell or have a picture of what they looked like

Where Are You From? Moose Jaw , Sask. Canada

Re: Radiator questions

i have a complete radiator for sale with badge

Where Are You From? reno

Do You own a car built by Durant? no

My rad shell 1926 touring was nickel plated my understanding is chrome started in 1928... but I will ceed to Don Shilling knowledge.

I have a badge for a Durant Six..... that is not needed here .... badge is in unblemished state

if you've got a spare axle for me.. or knowledge of where to get one.. please let me know

call me 877-624-1404
guy

Photobucket

Where Are You From? peace river alberta

Thanks for the offer Guy but mine is a different style. Mine is from a 1928 by the looks of the pics in this sites photographs section. But I none of them havea clear shot of the badge. I would like to get a close up of the badge to see what I am looking for. I will keep an ear to the ground for an axle for you.

Where Are You From? Moose Jaw

Darc
If your car is a 1928 chances are that the radiator shell was chrome plated. My 28 Model 65 advertises chrome on the outside, nickle on the inside. It should have a "D" radiator emblem with the "D" in blue and the background white. In 1929 they changed the emblem to have the background blue and the "D" in white. If you watch EBay they often come up for sale there. I can also recommend a restoration shop that will restore these emblems for around $350 American.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

The Durant Motors Automobile Club