Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

Restoration Recommendations
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlight resilvering, brass plating, nickel plating small parts etc.

I needed a small part plated for my car and contacted American Plating Company who I found on the internet. They advised that they also had resilvered headlight reflectors for old cars. I sent them my headlight reflectors for my 1928 Durant that were in good shape just needed to be resilvered. I sent the two reflectors to them and they did an excellent job for me. The price was reasonable about $51.00 a piece and they were well packed and protected upon return. I recommend them for some small plating of parts. Not sure if they are capable of any repair work prior to plating or how large a part they will handle, but for small parts I'd give them a call or send an email to inquire. They do brass,silver,gold, and other finishes. Their information is below:

American Plating
3527 Park Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63105

www.Americanplatingcompany.com

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Headlight resilvering, brass plating, nickel plating small parts etc.

Is this address preserved somewhere on the website? Should be.

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 model 619

Re: Headlight resilvering, brass plating, nickel plating small parts etc.

Hi Wayne,

Actually this is the place on the forum where information like this is stored. Then at some point it will be transferred to the Parts and Service directly currently listed on the back of the membership roster.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club