Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

Restoration Recommendations
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
ID numbers
I've been trying to establish where my car was built without having the benefit of an ID tag. the registration paperwork just lists #23917 -no letter to idenitfy the city of origin. Any chance that the number alone will give a clue? Kenn
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2010 3:12pm
by kenn young
a Rugby located in Cyprus since 1920
I have a Rugby that is in Cyprus since 1920, it is an original car, I 'm intrasted for more information regarding my Rugby, since now I was not able to locate a similar car, any help will greatly apriciated thanking you in advance Harris
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2010 11:46am
by Harris Economide...
some rubber and hood parts 30 - 33
Re post Lance's mail for some parts with modifications to orig. OK fellows you are in luck. I just finished a 619 and lots of server damage and missing parts sent me shopping all over in Ford etc old car catalog's and on the web. And guess what Mac’s Antique...
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 4:07am
by Norm Toone
Wire wheel painting
Bast Tire Service (Scott Lloyd) Wheel refinishing with Nucote powder coat system, include's blasting. (wheels must be straight before process), Friday mornings. 1 Bast Place St. Jacob's Ont (off of #15 Lobsinger Line) 800-265-8852 www.basttire.com
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 3:05am
by Norm Toone
Carburetor
I have a 1929 Durant Model 60. Have engine totally rebuilt. Runs great however original carburetor is leaking gas. Could anyone suggest a dependable replacement for the original for open road driving. Thanks!
Views: 423   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 5:59am
by Dennis Comer
Gas tank sending unit & Temperature sending unit for 15L & 14L engine
Contacted a company called Atwater Kent Manufacturing Company about restoring my gas tank sending unit. Spoke to "Mike" who advised they could restore or build a new unit. Also was able to manufacture a new temperature sending unit that sits on top of the head on a 1...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2010 6:57am
by Mike Linthicum
Seats, Upholstery, Interior Ideas, Please?
So, my boyfriend, Phillip Butterfield, owns a Durant. I LOVE this car. I would love to get the interior redone, but I have no idea where to start. First of all, the seat springs we currently have in the poor girl are all wrong. Can anyone tell me of a good place to g...
Views: 524   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 4:45pm
by Jeri Stewart
Fuel pump kits for the 1930 and up Durants
Great idea Rick !!! I'll start it off with this info: Fuel pump kits for the 1930 and up Durants. The Fordson House 717 Stephenson Ave Escanaba, MI 49829 906-786-5120 www.thefordsonhouse.com Just tell them it is for a F-12 or F-14 Farmall tractor F...
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2010 12:58pm
by Frank Witkowski
Durant Tubular Backbone (muffler)
If anyone is interested, I can reproduce the nearly famous Durant tubular backbone like the one I made for my '25 Star. They are rather labor intensive so the ballpark price is around $500. They are usually gone or totally rusted out on our cars and they really do ad...
Views: 567   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2010 7:58am
by Rusty Buchanan
1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club