Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You tube video on Canadian Durant

https://youtu.be/gQ8yn5fQ3xw?si=HTGCfS2FrK2yf4LI

Where Are You From? Westminster, MD

Do You own a car built by Durant? A22 921

Re: You tube video on Canadian Durant

Building a Car in 1924: Durant Motors, Leaside, Ontario

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3 of them

Yes I posted about this April 3rd ""Leaside Star production 1924"" when I was allowed to, after helping them on info.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

About 20 years ago, Reg Bent had given me a VHS copy of this film.

At the time, the Canada Science and Technology Museum, who have a 29 Durant, were showing part of the film.

I contacted them and the curator had no idea of the source, so I was actually able to give them a copy of the full lenght film.

Where Are You From? Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Duraant 614

Hi Stephan .. Yes Science and Tech have a 29 40 sedan and had two of them. The 2nd one they gave to Cumberland Museum and was owned by Graham Lintell who was part of our club back in the 60's, VACM. We broke away from VACM and formed AACO 1965 which is now gone. The club funds when it folded of around $5000 was given to Cumberland Museum to be used on the restoring of the Durant.
That's what I told the Oshawa Canadian Automotive Museum, that Science and Tech had the movie also. Oshawa got theirs called Your Future Car from Library and Archives Canada, and asked my help with it, before they added wording. Most of it is Star and very last pic is a A22 Durant.
I have a DVD I have never looked at with two short films 1923 and 1930 Leaside.

Hi Norm,

Yeah, wasn't sure they were both Model 40s. If I remember CSTM had chosen to keep the "nicer one" and donate the other to Cumberland.

I'm happy to hear the AACO money went for that. I was on the board for a while towards the end and some of the expenses were useless in my opinion.

If you can, please upload what you have from that DVD. I would love to see the 1930 footage.

Cheers,

Where Are You From? Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Duraant 614

I should have checked AACO member roster and yep there you are. Rereading your mail to me 2006 on the 31 story it seems Dave T got you in AACO ha ha. I haven't talked to Dave for some time now but his name did come up talking to a Scouter friend of mine who's involved at Scouts HQ and Dave is still involved in Scouts Museum. I never could find the orig name of the owner of your 31 up at Black Donald Mine who put the dent in the fender. I tried various newspapers trying to find the auction where it was sold to the fellow in Middleville who Brian bought it off of. That lad died while working as an electrician on a dam when the heater in his trailer failed and they found him dead.

I was sure I had a better pic of the 40 in front of Watson's Garage but facing the other way. I don't recall what seems a dent in drivers front fender. The intent of the 40 was to drive it back and forth to Cumberland and Cumberland Museum as a drawing card but I believe the new brass taking over the Museum there canned that idea and it now just sits with the Ford T in the Garage.

1929-Durant-jpg-f2d6f74f525a4693aadaddcfa65f2909-1

It was Steve M who sent that DVD to me when he was getting rid of Durant and other car parts. No idea where his 60 went to. That one I did get all the owners names on. I recalled the car just outside Aylmer up in a garage with its back to the road, when Brian and I went up the Quebec side to his Dad's cottage or just roamed the back roads looking for car parts.
Having rambled on I have no way of uploading the DVD and have asked my eldest. It requires downloading various programs.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club