Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vintage and Classic Reproductions

As of this week, they still have twenty complete U2 carbs and ten for parts. Once they're gone that's it! See address in the tech section under reproduction parts. They are in Australia.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: Vintage and Classic Reproductions

I have had conversations with Mike Butters, he was looking into taking on the production of these parts.

Where Are You From? Tucson, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, 4

Bob- Do the Butters still reproduce ALL of the late Harvey Frid's parts? I think he did just about everything for several of our cars. He even reproduced the radiator shell for his 4-07! It was cast out of the alloy Koroloy that he did all his castings from. Looked great, just weighed 400 lbs.!

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Ross- Yes, Mike Butters does reproduce the Harvey Frid parts (I think his dad Neil has retired). Mike has cast the swallow, a locking door handle and a window frame for a B-22 for me. The business that he has is a machine shop.

Where Are You From? Tucson, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, 4

The Durant Motors Automobile Club