Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: steeldraulic brakes

I took a cable off my spare front axle and guess what? Same length and ends. Prolly a different mfr but sure looks like a fit. It is free, cable slides in the conduit. Only difference is it has a cloth protective cover. Frank is going to check his stash and I’ll keep my eyes and ears open. But I think I have a path to finish. I took a pic of them side by side but I’m not smart enough to upload it here. Got my spare parts from Frank Johnson years ago.

Where Are You From? Durant31@mchsi.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? 31 model 619

Does anyone know what happened to Reg Bent's part stash? He moved a while back and his collection was sold. He sold me the back brake assembly for my 614 about 20 years ago, but I seem to remember him saying that he had a couple of extras. Maybe an old lead, bit a lead none the less.

Where Are You From? Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Duraant 614

Another thought is Frank Pringlemeir if he still has the cars and parts in Guelph.
This is Bent's parts 614
Durant-Meet-026

Beside that was piled up frames with cables
Durant-Meet-033

Durant-Meet-034

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Wayne,
Feel free to email your pics and I'll be happy to post them for you.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 and 1929 model 60 Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club