Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1923 Durant on YouTube

Came across a 10 year old YouTube video on Phil Pezzella's 1923 Durant restoration.Vehicle is partially restored and he is describing the car. Probably a pioneer video on YouTube.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Re: 1923 Durant on YouTube

Ross:
I took a look at that video. I believe that the car is a Star, made by Durant, but not a car labelled as a 1923 Durant. You will notice the engine, is what clued me in. The 23 Durant is Overhead Valve engine. This looks like a W4 engine to me.
Sure was nice to look at. Also, Durant wheels have 5 clips whereas the Star only has 4. Hope this helps anyone who is interested.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd, Leaside, Ontario, Canada

Re: 1923 Durant on YouTube

For those who are scratching their heads as to where this car is, with Gord saying its mislabeled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8CjE_20FxY

Yes a Star C possibly with W4A if a 1923, without the vin info, and it has Star hubcaps. Owners name not mentioned. He calls it a coach and says they built a surrey. ??? He really has no idea what he's working on. Strap shocks off some later 28 / 29 ? not seeing any C or F in pics with shocks.

Would be interesting to see completed touring and have the info on it.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club