Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Canadian Friends

Has anyone heard from any of our Canadian buddies?
Hope everyone is safe.

Where Are You From? Iowa

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Canadian Friends

Come to think of it Dave, I didn't see or hear anything from Gord when he was to make his Seattle trip a coupla weeks ago. Hope he is OK.

Where Are You From? Yuma,AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Hi Dave and Bill:
I am OK. When I got to my son's in Seattle, I found that they lived about 3/4 of an hour south and west of the airport. The mapquest said it was about a 3 hour drive to Leavenworth, so I did not ask him to drive me there. I sure wanted to go, but it would have been a full day, mostly of driving.
His address is in "University Place" My hardest part was getting through the airports . Seems as if you have to walk for miles.
Back home now. I belong to HASC amd we had a flea market this weekend. I was on the gate for a couple of hours Saturday morning, $3.00 per person, no charge for cars . We must have had over 300 come through the gate. It was a super day, however it did rain on the Sunday.
Still haven't got the 30 Durant to run properly as yet. Will is working on the carburetor, as it seems to be getting way too much gasoline. We checked the fuel pump for pressure and it reads 2 1/2 lbs which is OK. The book says up to 3 lbs. We are using a Tillotson JR carb, which we have several to work from. We just don't want to put on a brand new Zenith. We have used a Tillotson JR on the Frontenac forever.
Thats it for now. Glad to hear from you both.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd, Leaside, Ontario, Canada

I am two busy at home to go anywhere and need some eye surgery to raise my eyelids.
But I shall be out and about before too long and will get back to spending more time with my cars.

Where Are You From? Whitby,ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? yup

The Durant Motors Automobile Club