Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carburetor for W5

I am looking for any information on a replacement carburetor for my 26 Star W5. 2 3/8” space between mounting holes.
I see there are many options for 2 3/8” spacing for example Zenith 14991. ($500.00)
Are there more affordable options?
Thank you for your time,
Stephen

Where Are You From? NE Washington

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1926

Re: Carburetor for W5

I might try to design a one barrel throttle body fuel injection instead.

Where Are You From? N.E. Washington

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1926 Star

i had mine rebuilt new needle and seat cost a litte but its all original for my 24 star

Where Are You From? davenport

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

My carb is deteriorating and has hairline cracks all over. I have located an old 1963 continental that has a better condition one but I haven't taken it apart or sourced rebuild parts yet. I'm hoping to find something ready to bolt on that won't be too expensive. I'm still searching for a distributor as well so I am not in too big of rush. Thank you for your response
Steve

Check new Zenith carburetor that several members have used for their cars, although I'm not sure it would fit your application, but it sounds like they can be fitted to a wide variety of engines.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club