Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glolite Reflectors

Hello Durantonions

I am in the process of machining some Glolite reflectors as you can see by the photo. They are not complete and will take some time yet to finish several sets. After the machining is complete, they will be gold plated like the original reflectors to give the light beam an amber hue. These reflectors are as hard to find as hens teeth and if you do, they will be out of reach. My question is, who would be interested in buying a set for the large diameter Glolite headlights? I don't have a real number on the cost yet but would still like to take a survey on the interest.glolite-reflector4

math characters

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Glolite Reflectors

I want to give more insight on the Glolite headlights that use these reflectors. These headlights are the largest diameter (10.125") ones that Durant installed on their cars. The D75 and D65 models used these Auxiliary reflectors (Part # 24972) in 1928 according to the Durant "Repair Parts List" booklet. The Model 75 "Instruction Manual" refers to them as supplementary reflectors. Other years and models may have used them as well. To be certain if your car came with these reflectors, remove the lenses and look for the 3 slits, one near the top and two near the bottom.

I would be interested in a set. They were also used on the Model 66 and Model 70.

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Star, two 26 Stars, 27 Star and two 29 Durants

Good evening club members.
I am delighted to report that I have completed several sets of the rare auxiliary reflectors for the Glolite headlights. These are the units that are fitted in front of the 2 filament bulb within the lense. These units will be shipped to two separate platers to be nickel and gold plated. No cost on the gold plating as yet. I am looking at an early August timeframe for them to be completed for purchase.

Where Are You From? Rising Sun Md

Steve was good enough to have a Tech session on this and I must say the workmanship is fantastic! This is a quality reproduction of a very very rare item for these headlight units and after this run that Steve does, they will be virtually impossible to find. These were used on the 1928 Model 65, Model 75 and I believe some in the 1929 models, maybe the model 70, not sure of any others. Most of these got discarded over the years by various owners and mechanics and you never see them come up on EBAY so put your order in as soon as you can!

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES, 1928 Durant Model 65 four door sedan

Hello Durant Members. I have listed the "Auxiliary Glolite Reflector" reproduction information and cost on the "For sale and Wanted" section for those of you that are interested. My contact information is there as well.

Tom.

I sent you an email sometime ago about the Glolite auxillary reflectors. If you are still interested, send me a response or call my cell: 443-536-5414

At the recent Hershey meet, I got to see the finished product Steve made. All plated and ready to sell. If your car came with Glo-lite Lenses and you need this piece to finish your restoration, don't hesitate to contact Steve and obtain a set. They are beautiful and a very hard original item to find as most got thrown away many years ago.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club