Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Doctor's Coupe

I am sure this is a 1923 "4 passenger coupe", I have always called them an opera coupe rather than a doctors coupe....Their is just enough room to squeak 4 passengers inside.....The driver left front and perhaps a child on the jump seat right front and in the back a 3/4 bench seat for perhaps two adult....In the "oprea coupe" mode when off to the opera you would have the shuffer driving with the lady in the back with her big opera dress and the jump seat would be let down for more room, there should be a hat box just behind the drivers seat...Anyway, there was no leg room behind the drivers seat was the reason for the built in hat box with the three quarter bench seat in the back....I own a 1923 Hupmobile Opera coupe which I restored a few years back...I even added them there fancy flower vases in the back.

Take care

Where Are You From? Yuma,AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

After doing some more research, it appears that the term "coupe" can refer to any body style and, number of doors, the manufacturer cares to apply.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

The reverend Hurlburt was at the first Durant meet in Dearborn Michigan in 1981. I seem to remember him as being colorful in the best Southern preacher tradition. Nice car, price does not seem out of line.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club