​​​​​​

Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: East coast Chapter Spring Meet

Maybe Vicksburg?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thank you Don, what no body else has any other ideas?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES, 1928 Durant Model 65 four door sedan

Mike when we went to Luray va. a couple of year ago it was nice so i would say Luray

Where Are You From? pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

I've had very little input on ideas of where to hold a spring meet for the East Coast Chapter. Sooooo here is some thoughts of mine.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania area. ( It's been over 10 years since we've been there and there is lots of things to do.)

Scranton, Pennsylvania ( Several things to do and the National Park Service "Steam Town Museum" )

Cumberland, Maryland area and Northern West Virginia area. ( Some interesting things to see, the remnants of the Chesapeake and Ohio canal system and some tourist steam trains.

Hockesson, Delaware ( Rural area near the Pennsylvania border, Marshall steam museum, think largest collection of Stanley Steamers and other cars. Winterthur Museum not far)

Eastern Shore, Maryland. ( St Michael's area and surrounding area, Chesapeake Bay Maritime museum etc

Roanoke, Virginia area.

New England area, but you have to be careful of terrain for the old cars. No steep mountains.

I'm looking at sometime in April early May when it starts to warm up in those areas.

Give me your thoughts on some of these areas. If I get no thumbs up on any of these then I'll be a pickin someplace for us to go.

We haven't had a get together since pre-Covid with one of the last being our visit to Gettysburg. Everyone had a great time there and the battlefield roads were a good place to tour in our cars.

Common everyone East of the Mississippi, let's get fired up and let's get together!:blue_car:

Cumberland would be nice.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Good evening durantonians

I am putting my bid in for the spring meet to be held in Lancaster Pa and Scranton Pa for the second choice. Hoping to be able to attend more of the meets now that retirement is here.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thanks Steve!

Just a quick note to East Coast members. We are still planning on an East Coast Meet in late April, early May. I've made contact with one hotel in the Cumberland, Maryland area and will contact a couple more to get us the best deal. As soon as I have things locked in, I will et everyone know.

Mike

The Durant Motors Automobile Club