Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Devaux for sale in Portland

Hi: That DeVaux is from Jeff Chromens collection. Long story but Jeff and I talked just after he sent his cars to auction. It was purchased by a man that used to run his cars in the Great Race. We chated in Tacomo years ago when the race ended in downtown Tacoma.

He had a collection in New Mexico. When he died, his wife sold all at auction.

Side note: That man paid 10k from Jeff. I think I was told that the car was restored by Geff Gillis. (not sure)

Thank you Bob Smith for the note.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Just good memories

Re: Devaux for sale in Portland

It is harder to remember names now.....it was Ray Zenz that restored the DeVaux.

Thanks Bob Smith.

OK, just for the record, it was George Ferris that restored this DeVaux in the 70,s. I sent him a E-mail last night and he responded this AM.

George was the first one that had the idea to make a record of the known DeVaux,s

Gary- Where is the Devaux for sale in Portland? ( I assume you mean Portland Oregon) Not that I'm in the market, but I could go look at it since I'm local. A local collector named Dick Larrowe had a DeVaux for years (not restored) in Corbett Oregon (close to Portland), but I"m sure he's long gone. As an aside I was watching a short YouTube video on the LeMay collection at Marymount, and I see they have a Frontenac sedan on one of their second story racks. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Hi Ross: Sorry for the delay in responding to your entry. The Larrowe car was Mike Larson,s car. The first article I read was written by Larrowe. The year before Mike died, I was at Mikes booth and Larrowe stopped by. Larrowe passed away a few years after Mike.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club