Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 27 or 28 Locomobile 8-80 roadster, need help with year and a few parts

Actually yours is not a Roadster. It appears to be a Cabriolet

1927 models .. Roadster, Sport Touring, Coupe non collapsible, Brougham, Sedan 5 passenger, Sedan 7 passenger, Sedan Suburban 7 passenger.

1928 130 inch wheelbase .. Roadster, Phaeton, Coupe Collapsible, Victoria Coupe
140 inch wheelbase .. Touring 7 passenger, Victoria Sedan 5 passenger, Cabriolet 7 passenger, Sedan 7 passenger, Sedan Suburban 7 passenger. (That doesn't seem right a 7 passenger cabriolet)

1929 130 inch wheelbase .. Roadster, Phaeton, Coupe Collapsible, Victoria Coupe, Cabriolet 6 passenger, Brougham, Sedan 5 passenger, Sedan 5 passenger 5 wire wheels, Sedan 5 passenger wooden wheels.
140 inch wheelbase .. Touring 7 passenger, Sedan 7 passenger, Sedan Suburban 7 passenger.

I think you should be talking to Mike to help try straighten out what you have if he can. Found the note from Mike 2017 and he said back then, the HDL Lycoming was 1928 only but might have spilled over to next year.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

jason, send me a e-mail and i might be able to help you. thanks

Where Are You From? calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? durant-flint-locomobile

Alright guys lets get everyone on the same page. 1927 and 1928 locomobile 8-80 had 2 wheelbases. 130 and 140. If the car was a seven seat model it was a 140" wb. All others were 130" wb. Jason you car is 130" wb. The car should have Lycoming motor eight cyclinder model with cast "en bloc" L head - 3 1/4" bore .4 1/2" stroke and a displacement of 298.5 cu. in. You had a question with carburetors? equipped was a Schebler model "s" 1 1/2". On some special production cars, they did put a Stromberg o-3 carburetor. Mine has a Stomberg due to the customization of limo. There was a few that were customized and they were approximately ser# 303-315 for 8-80's. They went down the street to Central body company and were assembled on #1 and #2 production line. These cars should have a plaque under the passenger side of dash. Also they did offer stromberg o-3 carburetors with duel carburation. list price was $60.00 retail or bargain price of $37.95. I would like to see the dual carburation model, they should really get up and go. For the water pump, you would have to e-mail me so I can send information and pictures. Note: If you car has a Stromberg carburetor then the horsepower was increased. Personally, I did't like Schebler carburetors due to the reliability factor. I tried one on mine and it always leaked. Even with new gaskets. I do have your car listed in my registry but engine # was unknown. Any more information let me know.:+1:

Where Are You From? calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? durant-flint-locomobile

The Durant Motors Automobile Club