Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
window glass

Hello,
I am in need (big time) of all the window glass (front and back windshields, too) for my 1927 Star 4 cyl, 2 door sedan. I bought it as a project from an auction and it is pretty well underway, however, all window glass were misplaced. It's a longshot but I'm hoping someone has a parts car with the glass and can help out.

Where Are You From? RI

Do You own a car built by Durant? own 2

Re: window glass

Hello Gary;

The best thing for you to do is go to Home Depot or Lowes or for that matter Staples and get you a piece of foam or cardboard, preferably foam. Use it to make a pattern for the glass that fits within your window frame up front, and the sizes to fit the side windows and rear window. You can then take that or send that to a car glass manufacturer in your area that can cut you your glass or look on the internet for a company that provides antique auto glass or services the hot rod industry and send them the patterns. The original glass in our cars was not safety glass and is very deadly to use today which I'm sure you were not going to do. But even to ship it would be hard with it being so fragile. My car had all but one of the original glass in it that was not safety glass. It's over at the restoration shop now and he's going to get the glass cut for me and put it in the car. Maybe one of the DMAC members can tell us whether the M2 glass would be the same as the Model 65 glass? If it is, when I get to that point of the restoration, I can get you the name of the glass man we are using and you can contact him to cut you some and ship it to you.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: window glass

Sounds like a pretty good plan! Thank you!!

Where Are You From? RI

Do You own a car built by Durant? own 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club