Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Winter Edition Durant Partner 2020

Glad to hear from you Gordon. My parents and I are glad all is fine. :)

Where Are You From? calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? durant-flint-locomobile

Hi Shawn, I know it's really late but would there be any chance you could get the post about the Amazon Smile program (in an earlier post in the forum)in the partner? If it isn't possible, I understand. In that case I will send you an email with the information for the next issue. Thanks, Bill

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1928 Durant M2, 1928 Durant 65

Merry Christmas to all!....Well, I guess I must not have been a very good boy as I didn't find my Fall edition of the Durant Partner under the Christmas tree this morning ....Shawn, Or Mike, I am wondering if the class of postage/shipping has been changed since we went with the new publishing office? I am sure in the past that my fall and winter issues would get forwarded here to Yuma, I know that the USPS will not forward certain classes of mail, also if the class of shipping has been changed could this be at least part of reason that shipping has been running so late in general?
If I am the only one with a problem is their a way that I could have my Fall and Winter mailed directly to:

Bill Hoaglan
10309 S. Summer Ave.
Yuma, AZ 85365

And Spring and Summer issue:

Bill Hoaglan
12268 Meacham Rd.
Leavenworth, WA 98826

Thanks, Happy New Year!

Where Are You From? Leavenworth WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

You are not the only one Bill. No sign of it so far and Don usually gets his after I get mine, and he hasn't seen it either. Other items from US I have gotten no problem, like vacuum bags for church's upright vacuum. Cards from friends in the US.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Bill: I received my Durant magazine here in Sahuarita, AZ just before Christmas. It was forwarded from Ellensburg to my address here. That is somewhat surprising since the post office refused to forward a Christmas card correctly mailed to my Ellensburg address and sent it back to my friend who sent it from Bellingham. No rhyme or reason to the mail service.

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

Hi Bob,

That is good to know, Maybe their is still hope that the Leavenworth P.O. will forward mine as well and I might see it in a day or too.....I was having problems getting my Hupp Hearald magazine for a while, it was being "returned to sender" rather than being forwarded (standard postage) so now Dean is sending it either directly to AZ in the winter or WA in the summer, I got my latest winter edition about 3 weeks ago but it is just shipped out of Santa Barbara...Come to think about it, I haven't seen my dang WOKR Starter magazine for this fall out of Hastings, Nebraska and it is addressed to my Yuma, address....I give up, like you say no rime or reason to the postal service these days.....Try and stay safe.

Still no sign of the Fall edition nor has Don in Oro. Got Christmas card post marked Dec 17 in time for Christmas from my niece in Calif.

Yeah Norm, at this point I have given up on seeing my fall....Hopefully the winter will get here OK.

Why just ask the editor to send you a new copy of the Partner?

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 and 1929 model 60 Roadster

Sent: January 7, 2021 9:20 AM
To: Norman Toone; Don Atkinson
Subject: fall Partner

Don, Norm It is my understanding that you have not received the Fall Partner. If you will confirm this, Pam will mail copies out to you.

Bob

Sent: January 7, 2021 10:11 AM
To: Robert Smith; Don Atkinson
Subject: RE: fall Partner

That’s what I keep saying on Forum. Don’s always arrives days after I get mine and we ain’t seen anything so far
--------------------------------------
Wonder how many others like Bill also haven't seen it.

Keep the faith guys! A miracle may happen yet!

Two days ago I received the December 16 issue of my old home town weekly newspaper.

And here is another tale of woe: I ordered a 22 page repair manual which shipped from Ohio on December 30. Although I am in Arizona, the shipment went east to Warrendale, PA (???) where it was processed on Jan 1, then processed there again 2 days later on Jan 3 (???). Followed by total silence until 3:15 am this morning when it magically popped up in Phoenix! Tracking is really interesting!
Lets review that: from the midwest, to the east coast, then back west to AZ. The shortest distance between two points is a straight line? (if you follow a straight line east. you will eventually get to Arizona, maybe.)

Good Luck!

PS: it will be interesting to see what condition it is in when (???) I receive it!

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Everyone;
Shawn finished the Winter Partner this past weekend and shipped it to the printer. He shipped me the proof which I read and gave the go ahead to print it. I also emailed Judy to ask her to sent the current membership list so the printer can address the issue to the members. Usually the printer is fairly quick printing these and getting them out so you should start seeing the Winter issue by next week in some locations and in a couple of weeks in others. I can't explain the postal system in this country let alone in Canada. I know that I've been ordering car parts for my 1971 Triumph TR6 lately and I can order some parts from North of London on a Thursday evening and they are at my door here in Florida on Monday night. I can order parts from another supplier in California and it takes over a week to get it.
As far as the fall Partner goes, if you haven't received it, you can contact me or Pam as we both have extra copies that we can send you.

On that note the next Spring issue will be on DeVaux automobiles, so if you want to see a good issue filled with content then while your in lockdown due to Covid 19, sit down and write up a good article or if you have any good pictures, send them to our Editor for inclusion in that issue. We are always looking for content and you members can contribute to a great magazine!

Where Are You From? OVIEDO, FLORIDA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Guess you aren't reading forum or you would know at least 3 of us US / Can haven't seen Fall Partner. You will have to concede like Trump finally did we haven't seen Partner if it was even mailed Nov 10th.

Yes, I was aware that the club carried extra copies of the Partner and Pam will get a copy sent to me at my "AZ" address, I'll probably see that copy in just a couple of days, However, I thought the very point that Shawn asked if anyone hadn't received their issue was to see if there was a Problem that should get looked into, that was about a month ago on this very thread...Well, just so that you know this has been the only Partner that I have not gotten since nearly the onset of the DMAC and it seams as though that everyone in the last copla issues if they are getting them they are about a month late....I recall when Lance was Pres and had to borrow money to keep the club afloat that he would always make sure the Partner was mailed with the proper class postage so that everyone would receive their magazines and at a somewhat reasonable time frame....Yes I understand that we are in a pandemic but in all fairness to the postal service during this busy Christmas season the service has been good for me, all my mail, ebay, Amazon shipments were right on...Their is not much we can do about irregularities is postal services but this is looking more like a concistant problem that should be looked into...Possiably bumping the shipping up could be the answer? I know from shipping step plates from Yuma to Bob in Tucson I though I would save the club money and ship by the lowest class mail since it would only be to Tucson, after about a week Bob emailed and asked where the keck was the boxes of step plates, it was before Christmas and he had orders, I told Bob that they had been shipped about a week before, so I went online and tracked the shipment, the tracking said they hadn't left the post office in Yuma, I then burned off a copy of the tracking jumped into my truck and went to the post office, waited in line, went to the counter and asked why she hadn't shipped the GD plates, so she went in back looking for them, after a while she came back and said that they must have gone out that morning, she said that you do realize that by shipping with that cheap class of mail that they will only go out when they have room available on their trucks...I wasn't aware of that.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, Several

Hello again,

There's been some justifiable criticism here, and I'd like to address those points.

It's really not great that Bill and Norm had to wait so long for newsletters and responses- and for all I know, were still waiting as of January for fall editions. I am very sorry for that. This is not a part of the business that I'm experienced in and I need to do better. A couple of points on that;

- I hope you've both received at least your fall editions through Pam by now. It seems like winter editions are arriving for some members right now, including in California.

- I haven't really checked the forums after the initial comments suggested that they were arriving. I presumed that with the slow mail (around the holidays, USPS issues), everyone was getting their copies, even if they were moving slow.

- I will now check the forum each and every weekend, without fail. I don't usually have a lot of time weekdays, so I'll make that a weekend practice.

- I have no control over what happens to the issues after the printer sends them out. But if you are long-delayed after everyone else, I will check in on posts here and contact Mike and Pam, since they receive extra issues.

- I do have a lot of control over how late issues are created and sent to the printers! I was lucky with the winter edition, since there was a lot of content that we added after the deadline. Again, this spring's edition will be received by Mike for proof and approval no later than March 1st. I'll also contact Judy the same day to make sure the printer has the updated member list / address for that edition.

- Bill's concern about bumping the shipping up may be the source of the problem with the non-deliveries, I wouldn't know. Worth looking into. I'll talk to Mike about that this weekend if he's available.

- I've already done a good deal of pre-work on the spring edition, so we're ahead of the game there. Editions until fall 2022 have been created; obviously there's no real content in those, but they are ready to add articles when they come in.

I have worked very hard to make the content the best I could, but this part, I agree could be better, and it's not all the post office. I had just assumed the problems we saw last year were entirely with the post office, and that's likely not the case. I will work more closely with Mike and the printer to see what can be done to smooth things out.

Thanks.

Where Are You From? Flint

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Don A in Oro Ont still hasn't received Fall and I did ask Pam to send both of us the Fall edition. I got Fall from Pam. As of today Don still hasn't rec'd Fall.

Thanks for the update Norm. I'll check in with Pam this evening. It's probable she has sent it, but I'd like to make sure of course.

Cool I did ask her a 2nd time but ??

Sounds Good Shawn, thanks...I did receive my Fall from Pam, Pam sent the issue out right away directly to Yuma and it still took 2 weeks to make the trip from Santa Rosa...At times our local postal delivery is not so good here in Yuma and it could be that my original magazine went in someone elses mail box, who knows? Hopefully This may have just been a "one off" scenario..
I am sure that things will smooth out now that the Hollidays are over.

That's my hope as well, Bill. Thanks for the update.

I received the Winter 2020 edition today. Excellent layout but, yes, we need more contributions from our members.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

This is a novel idea. I always hear stories about cars so, put them down on paper and send it you the editor. remember, the club is only what you put into it. Send your articles in today.:zzz:

Where Are You From? calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? durant-flint-locomobile

As others have mentioned, I too have not received my winter edition of the Durant partner. I am a lifetime member so that shouldn't be an issue.

Where Are You From? Maryland

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thank you for letting us know. I'm going to check back in a week because I'm aware that some winter editions are being delivered now; yours may already be in the mail. If it's not, I'll let Pam and/or Mike know.

I received my Winter edition of the Partner today. It made it all the way through Ellensburg,
WA to here in Arizona. I hope everyone else is getting the Winter edition as well.

Where Are You From? WA

I'm glad you've received your copy, Robert. I haven't received mine yet. I think it's just in some ways the post office at this point. Still problematic.

S. Blomquist, did you receive yours yet?

Thank you.

Good morning shawn. No, I haven't received my copy yet but I am still in hopes. I did get in touch with Mike and he is sending one out. Thanks for all your help.

Where Are You From? Maryland

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Well, I have found the reason that I have not been getting my last two issues...USPS will only forward periodicales (magazines and news print) for 60 days...Evidently in the past my old hometown Leavenworth, WA mail carrier would go ahead any forward my magazines, this winter we have a new mail carrier that is playing by USPS rules...I will have Pam send me the Winter edition and try and come up with a way to get my magazines forwarded or mailed directly in the future...Will be leaving Yuma the first of March to coincide with the Utah Spring Meet so the Spring issue should make it directly to my Leavenworth address... (I think)
I understand that Bob Bush is getting his magazine forwarded threw Ellensberg, WA...Wondering if this is an exception?

" Periodicals (newspapers and magazines) get forwarded for 60 days at no charge. After 60 days the publisher is notified of the new address and the mail piece is wasted. Standard Mail A (circulars, books, catalogs, and advertising mail) is not forwarded unless requested "

Finally got my Winter edition a couple of days ago. I have no idea where the hold up was.

Is there any chance of the publisher using a less sticky closure sticker? It is nearly impossible to remove it without tearing the magazine.

Thanks!

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Star, two 26 Stars, 27 Star and two 29 Durants

The Durant Motors Automobile Club