Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Virtual Museum

I want to clarify my previous post. It seems I lumped the virtual museum and the DMAC website together as one entity which clearly they are not while they do exist under one umbrella for convenience. The virtual museum is a great means to catalogue artifacts of all kinds and make them available to all and that's great. The same goes for the DMAC website. What I should have said is it's a shame there's so many broken links and missing submitted information on the DMAC website itself, as well as the warning that pops up to advise the site is not secure, if you can even get onto the site with your anti virus doing it's job.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 StarTouring

Re: Virtual Museum

Yes, I agree we are very lucky to have an excellent website (and quarterly magazine) and that is very valuable to our membership and others who have an interest in our cars and Billy Durant.

I have corresponded with Mike Linthicum and have learned more about the virtual museum. Our membership will probably be surprised to learn that Mike is creating the virtual museum website and doing all of it single handed, in addition to his full time job and other activities. It takes a lot of time and effort to create web pages, review data, upload data, proofread the info and check links to be sure they work as intended. Although some of the links may not have data uploaded yet, and there may be a glitch here and there which will be fixed as things move forward, it is great progress.

We are all volunteers in our club and we all need to participate and contribute to our club. If anyone has free time or other resources to donate to the cause, contact Mike and ask if there is anything you can do to help.

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club