Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cyndi Passing

Cyndi succumbed to her battle with prostate cancer at 5:30pm on 11 Sept. 2020 . She fought with the same courage and tenacity that she lived her life, but it was just too much for her to conquer. Although she was so tiny and frail in the end her only thoughts were that others not be sad. As we entered Hospice we talked about how to tell friends and family of her passing. She asked me to send the following inspirational message she had found to everyone.

“I am Home in heaven, dear ones; Oh so happy and so bright! There is perfect joy and beauty in everlasting light. All the pain and grief is over, every restless tossing passed; safely home in heaven at last.”

Cyndi has always been my friend, my mentor, my wife and my life. I miss her dearly, as I know you will.

She decided to donate her remains to medical science hoping to further support the development of a cure for cancer.

Due to the covid pandemic a gathering of friends and family to celebrate her life is not going to happen at this time. If you please, rather than sending flowers, make a donation to Cedars Sinai Medical Center requesting that a memorial gift be made in memory of Cynthia A. Federlein and be designated for the Samuel Oschin Cancer Center. Memorial gifts can be made online https://www.cedars-sinai.org/giving/ways-to-give/tributes-memorials.html using their form https://www.cedars-sinai.org/content/dam/cedars-sinai/giving/documents/mail-in-donation-form.pdf or mailed to Advancement, 8700 Beverly Blvd., Suite 2416, Los Angeles, CA 90048.

May God bless and keep you safe - DJ

Where Are You From? CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 614 Delux Sedan

Re: Cyndi Passing

DJ, you both have been in our thoughts for some time now. Julie and I really enjoyed our time spent with you and Cyndi at the gathering on Staton Island. Cyndi had such a bubbly attitude. Heck, one of the most memorable moments of that gathering for Julie and I was the two floor journey up the hotel elevator with you both. Cyndi was so cheerful and giddy. We were laughing so hard by the time those elevator doors opened up. And it was there we said our goodbyes as we looked forward to the next opportunity to gather and laugh again. She will be dearly missed. And you my friend have our arms wrapped around you, though we are thousands of miles apart. We will continue to keep you BOTH in our thoughts.
Brian and Julie Johnson

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Deepest sympathies regarding Cynthia's passing.
IT IS DIFFICULT TO ADJUST . I miss my Marcia and 10 years still hurts.
We all will all pray for your pain to heal She will be in our club memory

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 star touring

DJ
Mary Carolyne and I express our sympathy and prayers in your loss. We remember Cynthia from our several meetings over the years and remember her joyful person. Best of luck to you always.

Gordon & Mary Carolyne

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built in Leaside, Ontario by Dominion Motors Limited

Condolences Don. Cyndi was special and we will miss her happy smile and energy at our tours. She always kept the conversation interesting and upbeat.

Regards,
Vince

Where Are You From? North of the Golden Gate

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club