Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wondering what happened to a 1928 durant 2dr sedan

I've been wondering what happened to a 1928 Durant 2dr sedan that belonged to a friend of mine. The car was restored in about 1980 and I did some minor work on the car. It was a good original car and resulted in a spectacular restoration. It was painted back to the original 2 tone green and black fenders ( natural wood wheels ). He kept this car for several years before catching the street rod bug and selling it to finance the construction of a model A Ford rod. We lived in Pueblo Colorado at the time. His name was Lee Dutcher and he has since passed away. I once saw the car in a for sale add, and it was recognizable by the bare aluminum rain gutters which Lee never got around to painting black. Haven't seen it since and I am pretty sure it isn't in the club. Just curious as to what happened to this car. Lee was a member of the "Durant Family Registry" back in the Jeff Gillis days, and was responsible for my joining the club at that time.

Where Are You From? denver

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star m 4dr sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club