Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need help with my Bendix 3 shoe mechanical breaks

When I took my brakes apart for restoration I took several photographs which I thought would be what I would use to put them back together. Now as you can see from the photographs that the parts are restored and I have new brake pads installed. I downloaded the instructions on the DMAC technical page which tells you how to adjust them but does not exactly show my style brakes nor does it show all the individual pieces and where they go. The top cam that is controlled by the break rod I believe has 4 slotted shims on it like the picture below and so far on the actual brake pads there are two roller cams with what I believe should be two small washers on front and back with two cotter pins. On the Adjusting large pin on the bottom, I believe I should have a spring on one side or the other. Does anyone have a more detailed motor manual or assembly manual that would show all the small pieces that should go on the brakes. Right now I have left over pieces that I'm sure needs to go on them. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG-1794-1
IMG-1795-1
IMG-1796-1
IMG-1797

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club