Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CANCELLATION OF 2020 DMAC NATIONAL MEET IN CLACKAMAS, OREGON

Hello Durantonians;
After conferring with Phil Peters the host and organizer of the 2020 DMAC National Meet in Oregon, it has been decided to cancel this years event. The decision was not taken lightly as I know how much we all love getting together and the fun we have. The DMAC family and attendees are primarily in this Corona Virus targeted area (Those over 60) and the uncertainty of how long this Pandemic will last, we feel we need to Cancel I know this is the first time since our beginning in 1998 that we've not had a National meet, but this is an unprecedented event in this country and the world. Most hotels are scaling back reservations and events at their locations, some states limiting gatherings to less than 10 people and many restaurants and tourist sites closed or are closing. We just can't see into the near future to know for how long and many of the locations are effected. Most hotels and venues require a non-refundable deposit well in advance of the event. Phil advised that anyone that has already sent in their registration will get a refund for the event. We certainly would not want any of our Durant family become ill or be hospitalized in serious condition because of our group get together. We'll just have to look forward to all the Durant events next year and our National meet then.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: CANCELLATION OF 2020 DMAC NATIONAL MEET IN CLACKAMAS, OREGON

As painful as I am sure it was to make this decision, I believe it is the right thing to do. If Phil wants to try again next September, I think that would be great and we would be happy to host 2022 here in Grand Junction CO. We are looking forward to seeing everyone once this craziness is over!

Tom Schaffer/Lisa Marye

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 & 27 Stars and 29 663 & 666 Durants

Re: CANCELLATION OF 2020 DMAC NATIONAL MEET IN CLACKAMAS, OREGON

As painful as I am sure it was to make this decision, I believe it is the right thing to do. If Phil wants to try again next September, I think that would be great and we would be happy to host 2022 here in Grand Junction CO. We are looking forward to seeing everyone once this craziness is over!

Tom Schaffer/Lisa Marye

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 & 27 Stars and 29 663 & 666 Durants

The Durant Motors Automobile Club