Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
shipping chassis

I bought a 1922 touring chassis complete and it is in Montana. I am looking for someone that can deliver it to north Texas. Anyone know any of truckers that run out of that area? If not it looks like a long road trip for me next week. Thanks

Where Are You From? texas

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 1922 star touring

Re: shipping chassis

Mark, Try uship.com

Independent shippers will bid down the price.
I've used them before and plan to use them again to ship an engine.

Another option might be fastenal fastenal.com
They have stores throughout the US and Canada and rent out extra space in their trucks for frient.
I shipped a Durant engine from California to Rhode Island for only $135. But you have to get your stuff to them, they don't do pickups.

Rick

Where Are You From? United States

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

Shipping- Too bad I didn't know about these other shipping methods when I shipped a 22A engine from Oregon to New Jersey. It cost more than $1000.00 on two pallets, but that was door to door. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

thanks. I will check it out. unfortunately at the pick up end he is only offering to pick it up and load it no other help doesn't want to deal with shipping. Most likely I am heading up there Sunday morning. I hope I don't get snowed in somewhere. Maybe I will get lucky and find some more early star parts lying around. I am trying to collect all I can find.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Update on chassis. I drove up and picked it up myself.I must have been real desperate to get some spare parts! a long drive not the best time of year to go but I got it done.The chassis is A model c L33441. Engine number 80812 W4 cast date 5/11/23. engine is in good shape, carburetor looks good, most important to me is distributor drive gears look brand new.lots of good spare parts. rear end ring and pinion are bad.The rear axles seals had been modified looks like a single lip leather seal.Thanks for the shipping advice. I hope when I find more parts in the future I will not have to drive that far to get them.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1922 star touring 1923 model c parts car

Ya gotter home.

Star C L-1 to L-44255 Sept 1 1922 to July 31 1923

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Planning to go to Clackamas next September and looking to find a pickup load of parts on the way! Spare parts are always a good excuse for a road trip!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club