Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Free wheeling

These darned De Vaux's are like Ford T's everywhere it seems. For a limited amount made there sure are a lot that survived in one stage or another. Just scan down the Roster at owners with them. Now you try 1932 614's and parts when two exist, Jacks coupe and my sedan. Much like the two 633's Keith's coupe and Bob's sedan.
Off hand I can only think of one 1931 De Vaux or what's left of it at Ed Pringlemeir's place in Guelph. I was sent pic's of the meet in Guelph and there is the rusty cowl of the De Vaux and in the rusting remains of a 1930 614 sedan are the inside door panels with handles of the De Vaux. Doubt you will get Ed to part with anything. I tried to get a front brake drum for the 32, as one of mine has a chunk out of it, when I saw fames piled up with axles / drums still on them. Plus the rusting 614 sedan still had its drums as well. That's 10 front drums just going back to nature no one will get
Dennis won't have a FW pull but might know where his dad had the pulls made for the 32. Might also send you a photo of the FW pull dead on so you can see a bit more clearly what it looks like and says. F W and IN below that. As I said on Bill's forum there was the correct pull on eBay for months NOS. Can't recall the sellers only that they have been selling NOS parts for a long time.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club