Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1927 Star M spark issues

Bill, I think you are right. Per my previous post, I have turned the distributor as far forward as it will go (clockwise) and have managed to get spark on at least two cylinders. The others may just be weak. Actually, the two new spark plugs I bought at NAPA seem to work, they only had two in stock but I couldn't wait to try. I am now cleaning the vacuum tank and lines and will then see if the carb. works! Thanks so far for thoughts and ideas.

Where Are You From? TN

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1927 Star

Brian,

It may be helpful to read ignition timing in tune-up and also look at your wiring diaghram for distributor and ign wire locations, both in our tec page....Point gap is also important and can make a big difference in your spark.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Didn't find any tech on wiring, might be useful in future. Got running 10ft. forward, 10 feet back, now need cooling. Radiator has leak, tube to pump is rotted through.1927-Star

Where Are You From? TN

Wow Brian, fine looking car. Don't know if I've seen that one before!. Do you know the history of your car?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Mike,
The car was in Fremont, CA until 2012, and then went to Janesville, WI. I bought it this January in an estate auction in Indiana. The Janesville individual had some very cool cars--two Playboys, a Moon, an early Chrysler, etc. I don't believe the car has run in some time, but there was a restoration at some point. The seats seem to have been done, paint, at least the yellow, and engine work, since it is now orange. The numbers add up, so am pretty sure original engine to car. Will try to post pictures as I progress. By the way, do you have any idea how to access the members login, as I joined a few months ago.

Where Are You From? TN

The Durant Motors Automobile Club