Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Water Pump Question

Norm, that is the same article, however I never bothered to read the last part...Interesting that they don't recommend that you ream an oilite bearing, that's just what I was planning on doing to give the pump running clearance...I just recieved the oilite bearings from McMasters...Sure enough they have an exact 5/8"(.625) I.D., my new Stainless steel shaft has exactly the same O.D. (.625) so, no clearance...I didn't realize it but after measuring the unworn ends on a coupla old original shafts, they measure (.620 ) or .005 thousands under 5/8" for running/grease clearance....So guess the shaft will go back into the lathe.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: Water Pump Question

Typical man thing, who reads the instructions ha ha. Then we use the excuse they always add extra parts or it was made wrong at the factory. :innocent:

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club