Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gettysburg 2019

Hi Mike et al
We would have liked to attend this year, but when you have to pay $1.40 for every US dollar, the cost gets prohibitive.
One of the car clubs I belong to had their "Touring Inspection" meet yesterday. We had 30 cars out where they are gone over by a team of fellows. We have the use of a Chrysler dealer's lube facilities so we have a great modern pit to drive over so the chaps can check the undersides of our cars for potential problems. Our Inspection meets are not sanctioned by the Motor vehicle dept but they appreciate what we are doing for the safety of our hobby. When your car passes, you get a windshield sticker to prove it. We ask that all participants of our events have a current sticker.
Hope everyone has a safe summer.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside, Ontario, Canada

Your welcome Bill & Brian, It was a rare chance for me to merge two of my favorite hobbies, the DMAC and Civil War history. And like I said with ancestors who fought at the battle of Gettysburg, especially nice to share their history and honor them. I hope all had a good experience!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Mike well done you realy do know your stuff had a very good time well be seeing you and gary in oct

Where Are You From? pa

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club