Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My 1923 Durant has a new home!

My 1923 Durant Sport Touring has taken it first trailer ride since 1962 when it was delivered to my father's house in pieces from Connecticut. It is finally free from the lonelyness of my barn and on view in the company of many of it's "peers" at the local transportation museum.

It is on display at the Washington County (Maryland) Rural Heritage Museum which is 7 miles south of exit 29A on I-270, right before you get to the Antietam Battlefield. Exit 29A is just a few miles east of I-81. The nearest city is Hagerstown. This is the same site where the AACA 2004 National Spring meet was held.
The museum is open Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 to 4:00 as it is run by volunteers. But call ahead. Also the curator has assured me that I could see the museum by appointment. So let me know when you will be in the area.

The museum is on Facebook.com/RuralHeritageMuseum

Where Are You From? Smithsburg, MD

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes. 1923 Sport Touring

Re: My 1923 Durant has a new home!

Great news Kilkka! Now everyone and future generations can view the car and learn about William C. Durant and his cars. I'm sure many a visitor will say "What the heck is a Durant". Too bad our museum was up and running you could have donated it there. IT would have made a fine display. Hope to see you at Gettysburg in a couple of weeks.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club