Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Restoration in Progress

Anyone interested in an ongoing progress reports with pics, check out the work on my 1924 Star "C" Touring. Go to Facebook and search Automotive Wood Bodies. While there note the finishing work on a 1928 Durant Sedan. Verrrrry Impressive!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several plus 1

Re: Restoration in Progress

Don's touring body is all apart. Making a shaping template for the main sills right now. I will post more to the Facebook page as I go. I am hoping to find time to set up a website this year.

Where Are You From? Oshawa, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet

After doing the all important work of surveying the body, Robin has started making progress on some templates and wood pieces. Unless one has attempted this part of restoration before, it's hard to appreciate watching someone who really knows what they are doing! What I spent, on and off, over a period of 20 years to align my previous body, he accomplished in about three days on this one!

Here's a quicky link if you want to monitor the progress of my 1924 Star "C".

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Automotive-Wood-Bodies-627526204055134/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1028122887328795

I have a website now at www.automotivewoodbodies.org. Just starting to fill it up and hopefully will add some galleries with photos of each project.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet

Don't picked up his body this past weekend. Hoping he will post some pictures for everyone. I enjoyed rebuilding her and had quite a lot of fun with some of the challenges. I am glad to have helped another old car make it's way back on the road.

Where Are You From? Oshawa, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club