Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Staten Island Meet Update

Hi Everyone. I spoke to Ed today (actually he called me). He wanted me to share the following in the Forum about the September Meet
1. Staten Island is one of the 5 boros of NYC, but it is the Residential Neighborhood of them all. This means less traffic and more rural than the other boros.
2. Make sure you are flying into Newark NJ and NOT LaGuardia or JFK. Staten Island is only 20 minutes from Newark.
3. You will be coming to where pizza is the best in the US-so come with the idea you need to try NY Pizza!
We look forward to seeing everyone at the meet in September. So, if you have not yet made your room reservations-now is the time!

Where Are You From? NJ/San Diego

Do You own a car built by Durant? 4- 1928

Re: Staten Island Meet Update

OK fellow Durantonians! Get off your duff and make those reservations. Ed, Peggy and Charlie have gone to a lot of trouble to put this together and knowing the quality of their work (Peggy and Charlie have done a couple of these before) it's going to be a great time! Frances and I look forward to the trip and seeing "The Big Apple" on one of our day trips and you will too. For those of you that haven't been to the New York City area, remember like Peggy said, where the meet is, is not in the city, but close and it's like a oasis among the rate race of the city. Staten Island is a great place and We'll all have a great time. Make those reservations and I'll see you there! :grinning:

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Re: Staten Island Meet Update

Update on registrations: Including Ed, Peggy, and myself (that's 3). we have a total of 6 (which includes another Peggy).....

So if you have not made a hotel reservations....pick up the phone....if you have not sent in your DMAC reservation, get out your check book, an envelope and a stamp....

see you in September

Where Are You From? NJ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club