Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What did you do to your Durant (or other cars) Today?

Well I spend a couple of hours on my brakes, rebuilding them. One thing I learned was that I did not take enough pictures when I took them apart but hey I think I got them back together. Now I just have to source some new springs for them.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Re: What did you do to your Durant (or other cars) Today?

Previously, I had removed the top bows to measure them for new ones since they were broken. Unfortunately, the new ones haven't arrived and the West Coast Chapter has a nice tour coming up Saturday. So today I patched up the old bows and reinstalled them. Now I'm guessing as to where the padding and straps were stapled to the bows.

This winter, I had a restoration shop work on the valves. They sounded terrible and wouldn't hold a gap. It turned out a spring that absorbs the lateral forces from the cam had broken so the lifter was getting beaten hard. I had also planned on having it painted but ran out of time.

Last Friday I was at the Bakersfield swap meet for pre-WW II cars. The Babick's were there too. I managed to buy a 1909 REO Touring from a Bakersfield collector. So this week, I have to drive back to Bakersfield and pick it up.

One never has too many cars.

Vince

Where Are You From? Greenbrae, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Hey Vince! 1909 Reo! Let's see some pictures! Love those old old ones.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Continued with the process of getting ready for paint removed dash and hood trim. Need a source of colors, the car was a dark blue with the black stripe.

Where Are You From? Lutz Fl

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Coach

Hi Charles;
Auto color library in California should have the paint colors for Durant. I know they had the 1928 paint colors. I'm leaving town till the end of the week, but if you send me an email with your telephone number I'll give you a call. I'm over in the Orlando area and maybe I can help you with things.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club