Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Treatment of Durants

Last night I was watching a prerecorded segment of “****ATION” which aired on USA channel the 4th of January 2018. called “The goodness of men”.

At about three minutes before the end of the program there was a shootout that included a 1930 Durant four door sedan being driven by the sheriff.

The car took about 15 or 20 thirty caliber hits before the scene changed.

I have to object to the treatment of our favorite automobile by the movie industry.

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant deluxe Sedan

Re: Treatment of Durants

DJ
There is several movies that have had Durant's in them as well as one that had a Flint in it. I don't recall the name, but Frank W. could tell you, one had a body dropped off the top of a building into the Durant in a roaring 20's type mob movie.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Got a screen capture of the car. Didn't quite get it before shots were fired!

Here is a link to a copy of the picture with more pixels:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v82ItWIWTW0vOu1SncR7QFNdfglfWfNM

Tom

Where Are You From? Grand Junction Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Coupe, 1929 Durant 663 and 1929 Durant 666

1930 614 Standard Sedan minus rear bumper, rear spare, hub caps, rad cap, running boards

Copy_of_Durant_The_Goodness_of_Men_2

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Hi All....

Durant's in movies:
Dave Webster's 63 in Bonnie & Clyde, shows up as an escape vehicle as well as police cars in multiple shots
Time Cop is the movie with the body falling on and destroying a Durant
The Canadian TV series "Wind at My Back" has a Rugby Truck as well as our Star M sedan
There are other movies and shows that used the Rugby truck in different colors and bodies

Always enjoyable to see our cars in these different shows.....

Frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Just saw an episode of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, an Australian show that was originally broadcast in October of 2010. In the second scene of the show, there is a 1928 or 29 Rugby touring sedan, green body with black fenders. Wood spoke wheels. Very handsome car. This show always has lots of great old cars in it.

Where Are You From? Yucaipa, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 6-60 R/S coupe

Hey Tony,

I really like that show and noticed the Green Rugby on two episodes, always parked in the background.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

The Durant Motors Automobile Club