Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant hubcap on eBay

i know Durant hubcaps are hen's teeth. There's a D cap on eBay now. It looked a lot like those needed for my 619 with wire wheels. But looked suspicious so I asked about the diameter of the hole needed to snap in. It's larger diameter than my 6 inchers - and has an outer rim that mine doesn't. He said the snap-in Diameter is 6 5/8 in. There is a bid on it so I hope a DMAC member who needs it has an eye on it and gets it.

Where Are You From? IA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 31 model 619

Re: Durant hubcap on eBay

what is the ebay number?

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

eBay number is 322961284378 and looks like standard rounded edge 6 1/2 inch hub opening cap used 1930 with 5 bolt rims. 6 1/2 dished seem to be used on 6 bolt rims 1930 - 32.
Never heard of a 6 5/8 they seem to be 6 or 6 1/2 rounded or dished type. I did see an odd ball 7 inch on eBay a few years back with 30 - 32 crest, but for what ??

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

I believe this 1932 Canadian built Durant has that same hubcap.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CAL

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619

No the hub cap on eBay is not this dished type on that unknown car in Poland Museum, with mismatched headlights, tractor for a rad crest, some home made stork rad cap adornment, strange hood where doors just revolve on their own. If you look at other cars this museum has they are mostly mickey mouse made up. They don't answer mails asking about the ad hoc Durant creation we can't identify. This car has been discussed before on Forum. One thought about this car is perhaps the 621 or 622 out of Lansing.
Note the bumper ends are wrap around with no openings, which is not Canadian. Look at the 618 in Switzerland at our single bar open end bumpers with no center dip and diamond shaped medallions. Also our headlights / lenses are Depress Beam 1931 - 33, which these are not. Cowl lights ? should be fender lights if this car even had either orig.

Hub cap on eBay is the rounded edge type to fit the 6 5/8 hub opening. The dished type also fit the 6 5/8 hub opening and can be seen in Photo's on Stephan's 1931 614, my 32 614. Bobs 633. They are similar to the 1929 / 30 dished type 6 5/8 hub opening with the word Durant across them but have the crest instead. Those Durant ones seem to be a carry over 29 to 30 like the ones used on the 29 6 cyl screw on chromed brass with name across them, but hub opening in the caps is bigger 30, which is why you have to ask the sellers the size to determine year. Both Durant named chromed brass and aluminum with crest screw on were used 1930.

Leaside aftermarkets on caps
Hub Shell Cover for 5 bolt wire wheels 407 and 614 (this would be name across)
Hub Shell Cover with 3 1/2 inch monogram for wire wheels, 407, 614, 618, 633, E, 670, 685. (these are all 6 bolt)

Five bolt are lock ring wires and 6 bolt don't have lock ring

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club