Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you for the Award

It sure was a surprise to get a call from Mike Linthicum, our President, letting me know that I was the recipient of the 2017 "William C. "Billy" Durant Award" What an unexpected honour!! The beautiful plaque arrived by post last evening.

I have been a member of the Durant Club since 1976 - First with the Durant Family Registry and then with the Durant Motors Automobile Club. My wife and I have enjoyed every minute of it and have met many new friends over the last 41 years of belonging.

We were sorry that we were just unable to attend the annual meeting in Modesto, but there just doesn't seem to be enough time to fit everything in.

Once more, thank you from Mary Carolyne and I for this award. It will be prominently displayed in our home.

Gordon

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside, Ont

Re: Thank you for the Award

Congratulations Gordon and Mary Carolyne on winning the award. After 41 years of being members, organizing and hosting meets, contributing as a director and by lending a hand when needed, it makes a huge difference to the well being and success of the group. The impromptu talk at last year's DMAC meet banquet on the history of your involvement with the group was very detailed and impressive. We did miss you in Modesto but when you belong to a number of car groups and groups in general, little wonder it's impossible to squeeze everything in.

Best wishes and happy motoring.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club