Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1928 Locomobile 8-80

norm: the only variance to sedans in 1927 was 13 special built vehicles that were pulled off assembly line and sent to a dealer then sent to central manufacturing company. All others were sedans. There were approximately 27 8-80 built in 1927. Also there was some 8-70's that were also done off the "f" line. In 1928 there was a full gamut of production cars.

Where Are You From? calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 flint/27 locomobile

I have 8-70 which replaced the 8-66 as Nov 1 1927 to Dec 31 1928 vins 5751 to 6792 and 5 listed. 8-70 continued the vin numbers from 8-66 The one in Finland is close to the end 6708 for 1928. Again none for 1929.

Your confusing me saying only 27 8-80 built 1927 when Chris has 255 (and they started at 101) and Registry has 202.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

In the year 1927, only 27 cars were sold. This website didn't let me change that posting.

Where Are You From? California

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1924 Flint 1927 Locomobile

Thanks Norm & Mike
Chris

Where Are You From? Lafayette, Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

hello chris
i remember somewhere about 1962 my dad his friend and i went to and antique car dealer in riverside county,it was more of a collection of cars untouched than nice drivers,there was a locomobile roadster there that was made into a truck
had a wooden cab,was complete except for the rear half of the body no doors,as i recall it was a dark color blacki blue green i dont remember i tried to get my dad to buy it but he had his heart sat on a franklin roadster,no deal was struct and we went home empty handed,ill bet this is the same car,if it is im glad it got saved dave

Where Are You From? so calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 devaux

Ah 27 sold of 499 8-80's built in 1927.

Yes once you leave the site you can't edit the posting. Pain with the letters / numbers item to allow posting, takes two or three tries before that works. If you try posting too many times you get warning you have posted too many times and might not be allowed to.

Dave. Buy the way, the 1926 locomobile jr you referred to on craigslist was a brougham. Nice original car. Had not heard from him in a while. Might have sold it. There has been several locomobiles found on the outskirts of los angeles. Keep looking you might find one soon?

i keep looking for all cars and i try and post them when i find them on this site and others,the locomobile really brought back memories weather it be the same car or not,i hope it is the same one,post a picture when you can maybe it will spark my memory better,the loco on craigs list i knew nothing about i just knew they where sought after,hopefully you can make it right again,i know a friend in washington that can make a body if need be,let me know dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 devaux

Re: 1927 Locomobile 8-80

Note 202 is on eBay presently 332147421687 for $42,500 US

Norm. the car that is listed on e-bay used to belong to Ryan kolb. I have this car listed on my 8-80 listing (#202). It"s has been for sale for awhile. Check the listings of hemmings and you will see it here. The story of the car was it was offered to Lance Chabot and when he went to set up a date for pickup the owner had already sold the car. I traced it to Arizona via another locomobile collector. If you look in our photo section under locomobiles the grey and black one is that car.

Ah .. I'm in touch with the owner Bob presently for engine serial. Car is in his sons name but Bob is owner.

It was on prewar cars site at one time per search but sold or removed. Hemming's did have it again, per search, but says no longer available.

Dave, what is your friends name and phone number?
Thanks
Chris

Where Are You From? Walsenburg, Colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 8-80 sedan

hello everyone,the guys name is jim langan,he lives in sequim Washington,i believe I spelled it right jimmy is just a very very talented metal shaqper,i don't have his number when I find it ill post it, you can probably find it on the internet, dave

Do You own a car built by Durant? devaux

The Durant Motors Automobile Club