Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Paint

I agree with Tom, Auto Color Library is a great source of automotive paint info, in fact they mixed the paint for my 1929 Roadster and matched the color perfectly. In my case I gave them the color name "Toranto Red" its not Toronto misspelled. They made me a sample and it matched both a sample I on the car and a sample Durant paint chip I had. About ten years ago I went down there and met Jim Wells that showed me around and some of the info he had on file. I don't know if he is still around, but here is the info I have.

Rick

Jim Wells
Auto Color Library
6695 Rasha Street
San Diego, CA 92121-2241
jimwells@autocolorlibrary.com

(858) 536-7960

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Thanks guys. I got the IM codes from the colour Library but the local shops can not translate them into BASF,Dupont, etc. I was trying to avoid shipping across the border as I would want a sample before placing the order. I have a US address but it is a couple hours drive. Guess I was looking for an easy way out. There is a really nice ford colour that I like (Chicle Drab and Copra Drab) but would like to stay with Durant colours. It was originally blue but I would be happier with something two-tone. I have seen the Alhumbra colours on the Dietz chart that you sent me. I think they would work well together but I have not found any Durants online painted in those colours. Will keep trying. Thanks again,
Jim

Where Are You From? Lombardy, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D 40

Look for picture of the late Lynn Meeker's 1930 Durant 6-14 sport coupe. He used the colors you want, but believe they were Model A colors. But that doesn't mean they are not the same.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

I have been unable to find a picture. I found some in the process of restoration but not the finished car. Any ideas?

Google 1930 Durant coupe and click on images. The second line down fourth from left is Lynn Meeker's coupe. (they call it a 1932 in some listings) Was a Antique Automobile magazine cover car in their article about Durants.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Thanks Ross. Found it. Nice car and I liked the colour. After a couple of tries with the paint shop, I ordered my paint. The lower body is much darker than Lynn Meekers and the top is black but shows a little brown in the sunlight. Not on the '29 colour list but I hope will look good.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club