Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Window Channel Felt

Hi Luke

Last year I installed new glass and channels on my M-2....What worked good for me was getting cloth covered flex channel, Chevs of the 40s has a kit part #598746B....The kit has mounting clips and screws, rubber stop bumpers which I used on my hood under the hood pulls, it also contained wipers which I didn't use, I believe there is setting tape to mount the register slot clip to the bottom of door glass, one kit will do two doors...The channel is 5/8" wide, is for 3/16-1/4" glass, it does fit the 1/4" glass a little snug so I opened the channel slightly with a V block of wood.....To install, I cut the top header channel to fit full width of door opening and installed by pilot drilling through the channel into the wood/sheet metal and fastened with the small screws in the kit. (screw heads must be below flush so glass doesn't hit screw heads), next cut side channels to fit, then place the side channels on each side of door glass and then drop the 3 pieces as a unit down through the window opening, fasten side channels in same manor as header channel and use the same method as you described above...Chevs of the 40s also have individual channels if that is anything you are interested in....
This cloth covered channel has a fuzzy lining and looks similar to felt.
Anyway , I thougt they came out good on the Durant, not sure thats what you are looking for with your Star.... https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/shop/search.lasso?partno=598746B&Go=Go

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '25 Flint H-40 2door / '25 B-40 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '23 A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club