Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fan Belt

Goodness that was a few days ago ha ha... I don't know now where I bought it but I got a PIX Belts and hoses for Agriculture & Industrial products
Says A-B44K on the pkg which I assume is Agriculture. Under that is 5/8" X 47" KEVLAR

Belt itself has PIX-5/8" x 47 / B44K / 5L470K

Lots of hits in Search for the belt info. Seems popular is John Deere riding mower but are blue coloured. Mine is black. I think I got it at Smith's FARM EQUIPMENT, New Holland Dealer, Jasper Ontario.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hi guys:

We have two belts listed for the 32 Frontenac which has the 22A motor, same as the 614.

Gates #599/686T I believe the one we use was for Bus/Truck

Dayco #24340

Hope this helps.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside, Ontario

Hi Gord .... I put #599/686T in the Gates site and it says "No Parts Available" as well as "No Applications Found for #599/686T"

Dayco #24340 is some weird V belt 34 inch long so short. Top Cog GOLD LABEL V-Belt Part Number: 24340

http://www.daycoproducts.com/part?category_id%3D1084%26year%3D1936%26make%3D%26modeltype%3D%26model%3D%26description%3D%26part_number%3D24340

Could yours be old stock ?

Norm:
They probably could be old stock. The Gates belt has been on the car for at least 25 years. Still going strong.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd., Leaside, Ontario

Sometimes old is good ha ha. However getting all sorts of past and present parts numbers might help finding our vehicles replacements items. Never know where things are hiding.

Thanks for the help and comments.
I called my local NAPA auto parts store and gave them the Gates number. They cross referenced to their NAPA number 25-24461.
They did not have it in stock, but got it in the next day. It gobbled up my thirty dollar bill and some pocket change, but it looks good when placed against the very, very old belt that came with the car (fabric covered old one).
And, wonder of wonders: the new one is made in the good ol' U. S. of A.! That surprised and delighted me.
Anyone know how to put that part number on the tech page so others can see it?
Thanks again!
Bob

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yep

Hi Dennis-sorry for the delay but I am using a Gates K060408 belt on my 14L with great success. This also is an equivalent to a CarQuest K4106. Both are 13/16" wide x 41.75" long. Hope that helps. Phil

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club