Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet April 20 -23, 2017, Bowling Green, Kentucky

Cathy & I are planning on being there.

hope to see you all this spring.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Re: DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet April 20 -23, 2017, Bowling Green, Kentucky

Great! Sometime in December I hope to have the hotel reservation information up and posted. Hope to have a real good turnout with the advance notice this time. So far about 10 people responded as coming.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

Dorothy, and I are planing on being there.

Where Are You From? Muskegon, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Duranta22

Here is the Hotel information and how to place reservations. Make reservation on or before: April 12,2017 in order to get the special rate. Regular room rates are much higher.

Hilton Garden Inn Bowling Green
1020 Wilkinson Trace
Bowling Green, KY 42103
270-781-6778

1. Go to: bowlinggreen.stayhgi.com
2. Select your dates in the upper right hand corner
3. Under the box (check availability) select (add special rate code option)
4. Enter: Motors into the box next to Group Code
5. Select the (check availability box)
6. Your selection of room types and rate will appear

Phone In:
Please call 270-781-6778
Give dates of your stay
Request Rate for Durant Motors
Rate: $104

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

I just reserved my motel room! I wonder if they have some good seafood gumbo in Bowling Green?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Just a reminder to make your reservations early for the East Coast Spring Meet. I'm planning a great time for all and remember we're touring the Corvette assembly line as well as the Corvette museum. The one that the sink whole ate, but it's repaired now. Get those reservations in and make plans to head on down to Bowling Green!

Anybody else coming to the Spring ECC meet? Who's bringing a car? I'd like to know before I plan a tour route for us to take.

Mike

Time is getting close, don't forget to make your reservations and as soon as the weather breaks where you live, dust off the car, take it for a test run and get her running to bring her to the ECC meet in Bowling Green, Kentucky. It would be great to see a few more cars then we've been seeing lately! Remember so far I've got a private tour of the Corvette Museum and a private tour of the Corvette GM Plant assembly line. Two very special tours, not to mention other things for us to do. All of you know how much fun our Durant events are! PLAN ON BEING THERE!

Just checking on you East Coast Chapter people. Remember, make your reservation at the hotel, when you get a nice day, get your car out and check her out, do a test drive, and then load her up and get ready to bring her and you down to the ECC meet in Bowling Green. Time is fast approaching!

Don't forget to make those reservations and get your car ready!

Just made hotel reservations, looking forward to seeing everyone.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Reservations made. Unfortunately Julie will not join in again due to constraints with the two little ones but we will continue to work on that with high hopes. I will not be bringing the car as she still tends to boil a bit of coolant foam out of her radiator and the winter months have not given me time to work that out. Really looking forward to this....

Where Are You From? Brighton, MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Proudly

Brian and Bill
Great that your coming, the more the merrier, I say! Now if the weather will cooperate that will be great. Those that can bring a car, I and your fellow Durantonians appreciate your effort to get it running, and to tow it to the meet. We all just love to see the cars! See you there!

just made reservations today. didn't work on website but OK by phone.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.....

Frank & Cathy ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Hi All,
Wish Doris and I could be with y'all for the meet, but my health says otherwise. Have a great time and our thoughts and prayers will be with y'all.
Enjoy.........

Yates and Doris

Where Are You From? Newport , NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint

I was just notified today the the GM Corvette plant requires pre-payment for the guided tour of the plant. I already have locked in 20 tickets. According to the contact person all tours have now been booked for that day that the plant allows. They only offer so many tickets for each tour so we cannot purchase anymore tickets the day of the event. We are locked in at 20. I currently have the following people listed as coming which right now total 16 individuals so we have 4 tickets open to use.

Bill & AnnJean Devries
Frank & Cathy Witkowski
Fred Hoffman
Mike Linthicum
Don Shilling
Ken & Dorothy Brink
Brian Johnson
Larry and Vicky Connor
Patrick McMahon
Peggy Matt Vogel-Otto
Rory Deaton

I will call and pay for 20 tickets for the tour and if we have over 20 people someone will not be able to go on the plant tour. I'm sorry but this is not my rules but GM's and it appears there is nothing I can do about it, although I have made my complaint known. This is not a problem with the museum. We can have as many as we want and I can pay the morning we arrive there. I just wanted to let everyone know in advance of this possible problem. We'll handle it when we get there later this month.

Mike

Mike Linthicum

I will call and pay for 20 tickets for the tour and if we have over 20 people someone will not be able to go on the plant tour. I'm sorry but this is not my rules but GM's and it appears there is nothing I can do about it, although I have made my complaint known. This is not a problem with the museum. We can have as many as we want and I can pay the morning we arrive there. I just wanted to let everyone know in advance of this possible problem. We'll handle it when we get there later this month.

Mike

Mike. Would you care to have me PayPal some funds your way to assist with the expenses? Anything I can do to help?

Where Are You From? Brighton,MI

I was wondering if there is an agenda available yet?

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Brian
The East Coast Chapter has a fund to take care of such issues that come up that was established many years ago. I will collect funds from those attending either Thursday night or Friday morning and replace the funds in the account. Bill, Friday morning first thing we're traveling to the Corvette Museum to take a guided tour of the museum there. Then off to lunch at local restaurants. by 1:15 PM we have to be back to the plant for the 1:45 tour. There are a number of restaurants in the area to eat, but I have not arranged a group lunch at any. Everyone is on their own. After the tour of the assembly plant, everyone will be on their own as usual to do what they want the rest of the afternoon. Saturday will see us take a tour in the country for not more than 30 miles. I have two to choose from a 10 mile tour or a 30 mile tour total. Haven't decided yet as I want to find things interesting to everyone on the way. Might squeeze in something else in the afternoon on Saturday as downtown Bowling Green has many nice things to do. I'll finalize the agenda by the middle of next week. Hope that helps.

REMEMBER, this week April 12th is the cut off date for hotel reservations at the "special rate" If your coming to the 'blue grass state' this month to the DMAC East Coast event, then get those hotel reservations made by the 12th. Booking instructions and hotel numbers can be found on the left side under "Club Events" Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Well the cut off date for the hotel has now passed, so you'll have to call the hotel and grovel a bit, but maybe they'll give you the Durant rate still. Less than a week away now. Hope everyone has a safe trip and I'll be there Thursday morning. See you all there.

Mike

Leaving bright and early at 5:00 AM to fly into Nashville, then on to Bowling Green. Hope everyone has a safe trip and see at the Hotel.

Just returned home from the DMAC East Coast Meet and I hope everyone made it home safely. For all those that attended sorry for the rain, but I can't control that. For those of you that missed the event, you missed a great opportunity to tour the Corvette Museum and the Corvette Assembly plant on Friday! There were some special treat provided to the Durantonians present, but you'll hear more about that later in the next Partner. I hope everyone had a great time, despite the weather and enjoyed catching up with some old and meeting some knew friends!

Mike. Thank you for all your efforts. This was an amazing gathering. We made some dam great memories on this one didn't we? I really appreciate this group...... and that rain didn't hinder our spirits at all.

Where Are You From? Brighton, Michigan

Hi All.....
Cathy and I had a great time in Bowling Green. Good to see old friends and meet some new ones!
Got to see a Durant and Devaux that we never saw before and meet the interesting people who owned them.
As always the time together was too short. Looking forward to Canada and California later this year.

GREAT job putting this together Mike,
Cathy & Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

And Ditto from this Texas Road Tramp! This is the best car club I've ever been in and I look forward to more road trips and good fellowships!

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club