Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: For Sale: 1931 DeVaux Coupe in Eau Claire, WI

Hi: Your Grandfather was (I think ) Harry Hoy. He was a former DeVaux dealer. I have maintained the DeVaux Registry for many years. My records indicate he was the original owner.
When Matt contacted me about the car for sale, I was unable to consider buying it because of medical reasons.
The car has gone thru 2 other owners and now is in a private collection in Southern California.
Contact me if you want more information. Thanks, garyyelle@msn.com.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Gary - thanks for the info. Grandpa had a number of cars, including one he designed and fabricated himself, so I was unsure of the provenance of the Devaux. Which is OK - I had only stumbled across this thread while looking for something completely unrelated, but the previous posters story was interesting. Good to know Grandpa's Devaux dates back further - i was pretty sure it did, as by the late 70's he was out of full scale restoration work and was more of a noodler. And it gives me hope that somewhere out there Carl Sandburg's Devaux that the previous commenter is on the hunt for is waiting to be rediscovered and hasn't been painted over!

Where Are You From? Eau claire, WI

Do You own a car built by Durant? not anymore:)

see eBay 372972839467 for M 5511 and its 1932 675(2) Hayes plate 152-1307. 1931 675 vin 1001 - 4745 April 1931 to Dec 31 1931, 1932 675 vin 4746 to 5609 Jan 1 1932 to Mar 31 1932.

Wish we had the engine serial of the 40A and casting dates head / block to fully update its info.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club